Affiliation: Institute of Public Health of the Republic of Slovenia
- Syphilis epidemic in Slovenia influenced by syphilis epidemic in the Russian Federation and other newly independent statesM Grgic-Vitek
Institute of Public Health of the Republic of Slovenia, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J STD AIDS 13:2-4. 2002..Among these, the majority of cases (73%) were linked to the Russian Federation or NIS. Of these, 68% occurred in males, a high proportion being long-distance lorry drivers...
- Low coverage and predictors of vaccination uptake against tick-borne encephalitis in SloveniaMarta Grgic-Vitek
National Institute of Public Health of Slovenia, Trubarjeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Eur J Public Health 22:182-6. 2012..Our aim was to obtain the first national estimate of self-reported uptake of vaccination against TBE in a probability sample of the general population aged ≥15 years and identify predictors of self-paid vaccination uptake...
- Re-emergence of pertussis in Slovenia: time to change immunization policyMarta Grgic-Vitek
Communicable Diseases Centre, Institute of Public Health of the Republic of Slovenia, Trubarjeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Vaccine 26:1874-8. 2008..A booster dose at school entrance or latest at 8 years of age should be introduced to decrease the transmission of disease among school children and to further reduce the burden of disease among infants...
- Tick-borne encephalitis after vaccination: vaccine failure or misdiagnosisMarta Grgic-Vitek
Communicable Diseases Centre, National Institute of Public Health of Slovenia, Trubarjeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Vaccine 28:7396-400. 2010....
- High burden of tick-borne encephalitis in Slovenia--challenge for vaccination policyMarta Grgic-Vitek
National Institute of Public Health, Trubarjeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Vaccine 29:5178-83. 2011....
- Prevalence of and risk factors for self-reported sexually transmitted infections in Slovenia in 2000Marta Grgic-Vitek
Immunization Program Unit, Communicable Diseases Center, Institute of Public Health of the Republic of Slovenia, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Croat Med J 47:722-9. 2006..To estimate the prevalence of self-reported sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and examine the associations between self-reported STIs and sociodemographic and behavioral factors among sexually active Slovenians aged 18-49 years...