Affiliation: Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Growth and anatomical parameters of adventitious roots formed on mung bean hypocotyls are correlated with galactoglucomannan oligosaccharides structureK Kollárová
Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 84538 Bratislava, Slovakia
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:797815. 2012..All processes followed were dependent on oligosaccharides chemical structure. The results suggest also that GGM-derived oligosaccharides may play an important role in adventitious roots elongation but not in their formation...
- Interaction of galactoglucomannan oligosaccharides with auxin in mung bean primary rootKarin Kollárová
Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 38 Bratislava, Slovakia
Plant Physiol Biochem 48:401-6. 2010..The presence of different peroxidase isoenzymes in experiments with distinct treatment of GGMOs and IBA could indicate variations in the mechanism of interaction between GGMOs and IBA...
- How do galactoglucomannan oligosaccharides regulate cell growth in epidermal and cortical tissues of mung bean seedlings?Danica Richterová-Kučerová
Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Plant Physiol Biochem 57:154-8. 2012..Based on our results it can be concluded that GGMOs induced elongation growth in mung bean seedlings was caused by increased cell production rate and cell elongation and was accompanied with delay of xylem maturation...
- Changes in glycosidase activities during galactoglucomannan oligosaccharide inhibition of auxin induced growthLadislav Bilisics
Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, SK 845 38 Bratislava, Slovakia
Phytochemistry 65:1903-9. 2004..It is evident that GGMOs can alter auxin induced elongation and glycosidase activities in different compartments of the cell, however, the mode and site of their action remains unclear...
- Galactoglucomannan oligosaccharides alleviate cadmium stress in ArabidopsisDanica Kučerová
Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 38 Bratislava, Slovakia Institute of Botany, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 23 Bratislava, Slovakia
J Plant Physiol 171:518-24. 2014..Faster solute and water transport could explain the faster plant growth induced by GGMOs. Our results suggest that, in cadmium-stressed plants, GGMOs' protective action is associated with the response at the metabolic level. ..
- An easy method for cutting and fluorescent staining of thin rootsIvan Zelko
Department of Glycobiotechnology, Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Ann Bot 110:475-8. 2012..A new, fast and effective method to provide good-quality sections and fluorescent staining of fresh or fixed root samples, including those of very thin roots (such as Arabidopsis or Noccaea), is described here...