- PCSK9 polymorphism in a Tunisian cohort: identification of a new allele, L8, and association of allele L10 with reduced coronary heart disease risk
Research Unit UR 12ES09 Dyslipidemia and Atherogenesis, Faculty of Medicine, Monastir 5000, Tunisia Electronic address
Mol Cell Probes 29:1-6. 2015
..045, OR = 0.44[0.20-0.98]). The L10 allele is associated with a reduced risk and severity of CAD, seemingly independently of its LDL-lowering effect, suggesting a direct effect of PCSK9 on atherogenesis. ..
- Effect of E670G Polymorphism in PCSK9 Gene on the Risk and Severity of Coronary Heart Disease and Ischemic Stroke in a Tunisian Cohort
Research Unit UR 12ES09 Dyslipidemia and Atherogenesis, Faculty of Medicine, Monastir, 5000, Tunisia
J Mol Neurosci 53:150-7. 2014
..068 vs. 0.198, p = 0.001, OR = 3.39 [1.55-7.37]). The E670G polymorphism of the PCSK9 gene is mainly associated with a increased risk and severity of CAD and IS in Tunisian cohort. ..
- Effect of mutations in LDLR and PCSK9 genes on phenotypic variability in Tunisian familial hypercholesterolemia patients
Research Unit of Genetic and Biological Factors of Atherosclerosis, Faculty of Medicine, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Atherosclerosis 222:158-66. 2012
..ADH subjects carrying a mutation in LDLR present highly variable plasma LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C). This variability might be due to environmental factors or the effect of some modifying genes such as PCSK9 and APOE...
- Hsp70-2 gene polymorphism: susceptibility implication in Tunisian patients with coronary artery disease
Mohamed Yahia Hrira
Laboratory of Biochemistry CHU Hached, Sousse, Tunisia
Diagn Pathol 7:88. 2012
..Heat shock protein genes are involved in the progress of CAD. This implies that genetic variants of Hsp70-2 genes might contribute to the development of the CAD...
- Genomic characterization of two deletions in the LDLR gene in Tunisian patients with familial hypercholesterolemia
Research Unit of Genetic and Biologic Factors of Atherosclerosis, Faculty of Medicine, Monastir, University of Monastir, Tunisia
Clin Chim Acta 414:146-51. 2012
..These two large rearrangements in the LDLR gene are the first to be described in the Tunisian population, increasing the spectrum of ADH-causative mutations...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinase-12 gene polymorphisms and the outcome of coronary artery disease
Unit of Research, Genetic and Biologic Factors of Atherosclerosis, Faculty of Medicine, Monastir, Tunisia
Coron Artery Dis 22:388-93. 2011
..In this study, we investigated the association between matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) G-1607GG, MMP-12 A-82G and MMP-12 A1082G genotypes and haplotypes and the prognosis of coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Moderate phenotypic expression of familial hypercholesterolemia in Tunisia
Research Unit of Genetic and Biological Factors of Atherosclerosis, Faculty of Medicine, Monastir, Tunisia
Clin Chim Acta 411:735-8. 2010
..Xanthomas and coronary heart diseases (CHD) at an early age are the major clinical manifestations of the disease...