- Successful treatment of post-renal transplant gastric and pulmonary Kaposi's sarcoma with conversion to rapamycin treatment
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of SFAX, Tunisia
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 18:617-20. 2007
..Our case suggests that rapamycin-based immunosuppression offers a promising approach to the management of post-transplant KS, particularly with visceral involvement...
- Cystic pancreatic endocrine tumors: an endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy study with histologic correlation
Department of Pathology, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
Cancer 117:203-10. 2009
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the preoperative diagnostic strategy for these tumors and to assess the clinical and pathologic characteristics...
- Atypical apocrine proliferation involving anogenital mammary-like glands of the perianal region
Department of Pathology, Hopital Nord, CHU Amiens, 80054, Amiens Cedex 1, France
J Cutan Pathol 36:52-5. 2009
..Normal MLGs were observed at the tumor periphery. There was no recurrence after 3 years of follow up. This report represents an illustration of the complexity of lesions developed from MLG...
- Gliosarcoma with osteosarcomatous features: a short illustrated review
Pathology Department, Habib Bourguiba University Hospital, El Ain Road, 3029 Sfax, Tunisia
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 151:809-13; discussion 813. 2009
..Various lines of differentiation are described in the latter component, but most commonly fibrosarcomatous and pleomorphic sarcoma are present. Osteosarcomatous features are exceedingly rare...
- Multicystic peritoneal mesothelioma: report of three cases
Department biopathology, Paoli Calmettes Institute, 232 Bd St Marguerite, 13273, Marseille, Cedex 9, France
Pathologica 100:416-9. 2008
..The clinical presentation, pathogenesis and pathologic features including differential diagnosis of multicystic peritoneal mesothelioma are discussed...
- Sarcomatoid collecting-duct carcinoma of the kidney
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisia
Clin Genitourin Cancer 5:452-4. 2007
..Immunohistochemical studies confirmed the diagnosis of sarcomatoid collecting-duct carcinoma. The patient died 8 months after the diagnosis...
- Cystic undifferentiated sarcoma of liver in children: a pitfall diagnosis in endemic hydatidosis areas
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax 3029, Tunisia
J Pediatr Surg 43:E1-4. 2008
..Adjuvant chemotherapy was instituted. She remained well at 11 months of follow-up. Cystic appearance is a usual finding in UES. Differential diagnosis with hydatid cyst may be problematic in endemic hydatidosis areas...
- Pancreatic endocrine tumors: a large single-center experience
Fátima A F Figueiredo
Unité d Exploration Médico Chirurgicale Oncologique, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Pancreas 38:936-40. 2009
..Pancreatic endocrine tumors (PETs) are infrequent, which makes large experiences unlikely. Our aim was to describe a large single-center experience with PETs and the use of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and a cancer staging system (TNM)...
- Aggressive nasal-type natural killer/T-cell lymphoma associated with Epstein Barr virus presenting as testicular tumor
Department of Pathology Habib Bourguiba University Hospital, Sfax, Tunisia
Tunis Med 88:196-8. 2010
..Testicular lymphoma is a lethal disease with a median survival of approximately 12 to 24 months. Nasal-type natural killer/T-cell lymphoma of the testis is exceptional whether as a primary or secondary tumor...
- Mucinous tubular and spindle cell carcinoma of the kidney associated with tuberculosis
Saloua Krichen Makni
Department of Pathology, Habib Bourguiba University Hospital, Sfax, Tunisia
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 22:335-8. 2011
..We report a case of MTSCC in a 79-year-old patient in association with a renal tuberculosis infection that has never been reported. Further investigations are needed to determine the frequency and true prognosis of these tumors...
- [Uterine leiomyoma with massive lymphoid infiltration: case report]
Ibticem Bahri Zouari
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax 3029, Tunisie
Ann Pathol 31:98-101. 2011
- [A rare aggressive lesion of the temporal bone]
Laboratoire d'Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, route El Ain, 3029 Sfax, Tunisia
Ann Pathol 28:250-2. 2008
- [Histological features of celiac disease in south Tunisia: a study of 114 pediatric cases]
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisie
Tunis Med 87:262-6. 2009
..To report the histological features of celiac disease in a paediatric population originating from south Tunisia...
- [Composite pheochromocytoma associated with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2B]
Laboratoire d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologique, CHU Habib Bourguiba, rue El Ain, 3029 Sfax, Tunisia
Ann Pathol 28:225-8. 2008
- [Abrikosoff's tumor: a clinicopathologic study of nine cases]
CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisie
Tunis Med 89:430-3. 2011
..It is ubiquitous with the most frequently affected site is the head and neck region. Aims: To report a series of granular cell tumors and to discuss its clinicopathologic features and histogenesis...
- [Intimal sarcoma of the aorta: a case report]
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, route El Ain, Sfax 3029, Tunisia
Ann Pathol 28:229-32. 2008
..The main problem raised by intimal sarcoma lies in its poor differentiation or lack of differentiation. Thus, the pathologist must perform a phenotypic analysis as complete as possible of this tumor...
- Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the gallbladder
Department of Pathology, Habib Bourguiba Hospital, road El Ain, 3029, Sfax, Tunisia
World J Surg Oncol 9:103. 2011
..The gallbladder origin of the hepatoid adenocarcinoma was verified by the presence of foci of conventional adenocarcinoma, the recognition of high-grade dysplasia in the adjacent epithelium and the absence of cirrhosis...
- Aberrant methylation of p16, DLEC1, BLU and E-cadherin gene promoters in nasopharyngeal carcinoma biopsies from Tunisian patients
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hôpital Habib Bour guiba, 3029 Sfax, Tunisie
Anticancer Res 28:2161-7. 2008
..Aberrant methylation of tumor suppressor gene (TSG) promoters has been extensively investigated in nasopharyngeal carcinomas (NPC) from South East Asia but not from North Africa...
- [Primary osteoblastoma-like osteosarcoma of the sternum: a case report]
Presse Med 36:253-4. 2007