- Successful treatment of post-renal transplant gastric and pulmonary Kaposi's sarcoma with conversion to rapamycin treatment
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of SFAX, Tunisia
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 18:617-20. 2007
..Our case suggests that rapamycin-based immunosuppression offers a promising approach to the management of post-transplant KS, particularly with visceral involvement...
- Histopathological findings in appendectomy specimens: a study of 24,697 cases
Department of Pathology, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisia
Int J Colorectal Dis 29:1009-12. 2014
..Appendicitis is by far the commonest major emergency general surgical operation. Histopathological examination of the appendix is routinely performed...
- Plasmacytoid melanoma of the urinary bladder and lymph nodes with immunohistochemical expression of plasma cell markers revealing primary esophageal melanoma
Department of Pathology, CHU Habib Bourguiba, CP 3029, Sfax, Tunisia
Case Report Pathol 2012:916256. 2012
..Careful morphological examination for melanin pigment and the use of panel of melanocytic markers are helpful for diagnosis...
- Cystic undifferentiated sarcoma of liver in children: a pitfall diagnosis in endemic hydatidosis areas
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax 3029, Tunisia
J Pediatr Surg 43:E1-4. 2008
..Adjuvant chemotherapy was instituted. She remained well at 11 months of follow-up. Cystic appearance is a usual finding in UES. Differential diagnosis with hydatid cyst may be problematic in endemic hydatidosis areas...
- Sarcomatoid collecting-duct carcinoma of the kidney
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisia
Clin Genitourin Cancer 5:452-4. 2007
..Immunohistochemical studies confirmed the diagnosis of sarcomatoid collecting-duct carcinoma. The patient died 8 months after the diagnosis...
- Atypical apocrine proliferation involving anogenital mammary-like glands of the perianal region
Department of Pathology, Hopital Nord, CHU Amiens, 80054, Amiens Cedex 1, France
J Cutan Pathol 36:52-5. 2009
..Normal MLGs were observed at the tumor periphery. There was no recurrence after 3 years of follow up. This report represents an illustration of the complexity of lesions developed from MLG...
- Multicystic peritoneal mesothelioma: report of three cases
Department biopathology, Paoli Calmettes Institute, 232 Bd St Marguerite, 13273, Marseille, Cedex 9, France
Pathologica 100:416-9. 2008
..The clinical presentation, pathogenesis and pathologic features including differential diagnosis of multicystic peritoneal mesothelioma are discussed...
- Cystic pancreatic endocrine tumors: an endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy study with histologic correlation
Department of Pathology, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
Cancer 117:203-10. 2009
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the preoperative diagnostic strategy for these tumors and to assess the clinical and pathologic characteristics...
- Gliosarcoma with osteosarcomatous features: a short illustrated review
Pathology Department, Habib Bourguiba University Hospital, El Ain Road, 3029 Sfax, Tunisia
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 151:809-13; discussion 813. 2009
..Various lines of differentiation are described in the latter component, but most commonly fibrosarcomatous and pleomorphic sarcoma are present. Osteosarcomatous features are exceedingly rare...
- Pancreatic endocrine tumors: a large single-center experience
Fátima A F Figueiredo
Unité d Exploration Médico Chirurgicale Oncologique, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Pancreas 38:936-40. 2009
..Pancreatic endocrine tumors (PETs) are infrequent, which makes large experiences unlikely. Our aim was to describe a large single-center experience with PETs and the use of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and a cancer staging system (TNM)...
- Aggressive nasal-type natural killer/T-cell lymphoma associated with Epstein Barr virus presenting as testicular tumor
Department of Pathology Habib Bourguiba University Hospital, Sfax, Tunisia
Tunis Med 88:196-8. 2010
..Testicular lymphoma is a lethal disease with a median survival of approximately 12 to 24 months. Nasal-type natural killer/T-cell lymphoma of the testis is exceptional whether as a primary or secondary tumor...
- Mucinous tubular and spindle cell carcinoma of the kidney associated with tuberculosis
Saloua Krichen Makni
Department of Pathology, Habib Bourguiba University Hospital, Sfax, Tunisia
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 22:335-8. 2011
..We report a case of MTSCC in a 79-year-old patient in association with a renal tuberculosis infection that has never been reported. Further investigations are needed to determine the frequency and true prognosis of these tumors...
- [Uterine leiomyoma with massive lymphoid infiltration: case report]
Ibticem Bahri Zouari
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax 3029, Tunisie
Ann Pathol 31:98-101. 2011
- [Composite pheochromocytoma associated with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2B]
Laboratoire d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologique, CHU Habib Bourguiba, rue El Ain, 3029 Sfax, Tunisia
Ann Pathol 28:225-8. 2008
- [Histological features of celiac disease in south Tunisia: a study of 114 pediatric cases]
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisie
Tunis Med 87:262-6. 2009
..To report the histological features of celiac disease in a paediatric population originating from south Tunisia...
- [A rare aggressive lesion of the temporal bone]
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, route El Ain, 3029 Sfax, Tunisia
Ann Pathol 28:250-2. 2008
- [Intimal sarcoma of the aorta: a case report]
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHU Habib Bourguiba, route El Ain, Sfax 3029, Tunisia
Ann Pathol 28:229-32. 2008
..The main problem raised by intimal sarcoma lies in its poor differentiation or lack of differentiation. Thus, the pathologist must perform a phenotypic analysis as complete as possible of this tumor...
- [Abrikosoff's tumor: a clinicopathologic study of nine cases]
CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisie
Tunis Med 89:430-3. 2011
..It is ubiquitous with the most frequently affected site is the head and neck region. Aims: To report a series of granular cell tumors and to discuss its clinicopathologic features and histogenesis...
- Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the gallbladder
Department of Pathology, Habib Bourguiba Hospital, road El Ain, 3029, Sfax, Tunisia
World J Surg Oncol 9:103. 2011
..The gallbladder origin of the hepatoid adenocarcinoma was verified by the presence of foci of conventional adenocarcinoma, the recognition of high-grade dysplasia in the adjacent epithelium and the absence of cirrhosis...
- Aberrant methylation of p16, DLEC1, BLU and E-cadherin gene promoters in nasopharyngeal carcinoma biopsies from Tunisian patients
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hôpital Habib Bour guiba, 3029 Sfax, Tunisie
Anticancer Res 28:2161-7. 2008
..Aberrant methylation of tumor suppressor gene (TSG) promoters has been extensively investigated in nasopharyngeal carcinomas (NPC) from South East Asia but not from North Africa...
- [Primary osteoblastoma-like osteosarcoma of the sternum: a case report]
Presse Med 36:253-4. 2007