- PET imaging of amyloid with Florbetapir F 18 and PET imaging of dopamine degeneration with 18F-AV-133 (florbenazine) in patients with Alzheimer's disease and Lewy body disorders
Banner Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, AZ 10515W Santa Fe Dr, USA
BMC Neurol 14:79. 2014
- Neurodegenerative diseases: new concepts of pathogenesis and their therapeutic implications
Daniel M Skovronsky
Avid Radiopharmaceuticals, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Annu Rev Pathol 1:151-70. 2006
- Use of florbetapir-PET for imaging beta-amyloid pathology
Christopher M Clark
Avid Radiopharmaceuticals, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
JAMA 305:275-83. 2011
..The ability to identify and quantify brain β-amyloid could increase the accuracy of a clinical diagnosis of Alzheimer disease...
- Iodinated tracers for imaging amyloid plaques in the brain
Hang F Kung
Departments of Radiology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 5:418-26. 2003
..Criteria for selection of radioiodinated tracers with suitable in vivo properties to detect amyloid plaques are discussed...
- Correlation of amyloid PET ligand florbetapir F 18 binding with Aβ aggregation and neuritic plaque deposition in postmortem brain tissue
Seok Rye Choi
Avid Radiopharmaceutical Inc, 3711 Market Street, 7th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 26:8-16. 2012
..This study used human autopsy brain tissue to evaluate the correlation between in vitro florbetapir F 18 binding and Aβ density measured by established neuropathologic methods...
- Synthesis and evaluation of indolinyl- and indolylphenylacetylenes as PET imaging agents for beta-amyloid plaques
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3700 Market Street, Room 305, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:4823-7. 2008
..These preliminary results identified that indolylphenylacetylene, 14, may be a good lead for further structural modification to develop a useful Abeta plaque imaging agent...
- Cerebral PET with florbetapir compared with neuropathology at autopsy for detection of neuritic amyloid-β plaques: a prospective cohort study
Christopher M Clark
Avid Radiopharmaceuticals, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Lancet Neurol 11:669-78. 2012
..We therefore prospectively compared the sensitivity and specificity of amyloid PET imaging with neuropathology at autopsy...
- Performance characteristics of amyloid PET with florbetapir F 18 in patients with alzheimer's disease and cognitively normal subjects
Abhinay D Joshi
Avid Radiopharmaceuticals, Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Nucl Med 53:378-84. 2012
..In a separate set of subjects (AD, n = 10; YHCs, n = 10), test-retest reliability was evaluated by comparing intrasubject visual read ratings and SUVrs for 2 PET images acquired within 4 wk of each other...
- Florbetapir f-18: a histopathologically validated Beta-amyloid positron emission tomography imaging agent
Avid Radiopharmaceuticals, Philadelphia, PA
Semin Nucl Med 41:300-4. 2011
..Clinical studies have demonstrated a clear correlation between in vivo PET imaging with florbetapir F-18 and postmortem histopathologic quantitation of β-amyloid in the brain...
- Detection of amyloid plaques by radioligands for Abeta40 and Abeta42: potential imaging agents in Alzheimer's patients
Mei Ping Kung
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Mol Neurosci 20:15-24. 2003
..Further structural modifications of TZDM to lower the background labeling will be needed to optimize the plaque-labeling property...