- Trans-omental hernia as a rare cause of small bowel obstruction
Vascular Department, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN and Dartmouth Medical School, Hannover NH, USA
J Med Liban 60:120-1. 2012
..We report a very rare case of trans-omental hernia that started with slow presentation over decades with vague abdominal symptoms but then developed acute small bowel obstruction that necessitated immediate surgery...
- Predicting superficial venous incompetence with strain gauge plethysmography
Division of Cardiovascular Vascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Phlebology 27:135-40. 2012
..To date, there are few studies that evaluated plethysmography with and without tourniquet application to differentiate superficial from deep venous incompetence...
- Severe case and literature review of primary erythromelalgia: novel SCN9A gene mutation
Vascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Vasc Med 17:44-9. 2012
..Q875E). To our knowledge, this mutation has not been previously reported in the literature. We also provided a short literature review about erythromelalgia and Na(v) sodium channelopathies...
- Posterior nutcracker syndrome
Department of Vascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 45:749-55. 2011
..We present a rare case report of a posterior nutcracker syndrome diagnosed in a young lady with long-standing symptoms that required surgical intervention...
- Lumbar artery pseudoaneurysm caused by a Gunther Tulip inferior vena cava filter
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 45:756-60. 2011
..We present an additional case of a lumbar artery pseudoaneurysm caused by a Gunther Tulip IVC filter treated successfully with selective embolization...
- Influenza viruses and the evolution of avian influenza virus H5N1
St Mary s Regional Medical Center, Sabattus Street Internal Medicine Clinic, 963 Sabattus Street, Lewiston, ME 04240, USA
Int J Infect Dis 12:233-8. 2008
..However, more research is needed to develop a more effective and affordable vaccine that can be given at lower doses...
- Usher's syndrome
University of Southern Maine, Maine, USA
Intern Med 47:807-8. 2008
- Intermittent back and leg pain with numbness. Tethered spinal cord syndrome
St Mary s Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, Maine, USA
Am Fam Physician 78:869-70. 2008