- Behçet's syndrome and the nervous system
Department of Neurology, Clinical Neuroimmunology Division, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa 34303, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Opin Neurol 17:347-57. 2004
..The present review summarizes the neurological involvement in BS, and emphasizes recent clinical concepts and ethiopathogenetic findings...
- The burden of headache in neurology outpatient clinics in Turkey
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Department of Neurology, Istanbul, Turkey
Pain Pract 7:313-23. 2007
..The aim of the study was to investigate the burden of headache in neurology outpatient clinics (NOCs) regardless of their primary complaint...
- Impact of sex hormonal changes on tension-type headache and migraine: a cross-sectional population-based survey in 2,600 women
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Uludag, 16059, Bursa, Turkey
J Headache Pain 13:557-65. 2012
..Menopause had a slight improving effect on migraine compared to TTH. Sex hormonal changes have major impacts particularly on migraine; however, the effects of hormonal fluctuations on TTH should not be underestimated...
- One-year prevalence and the impact of migraine and tension-type headache in Turkey: a nationwide home-based study in adults
Department of Neurology, Anadolu Health Center Hospital, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Headache Pain 13:147-57. 2012
- The validation of ID Migraine screener in neurology outpatient clinics in Turkey
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Uludag, 16059, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
J Headache Pain 8:217-23. 2007
..This test would help to increase the diagnosis and treatment rate of undiagnosed migraine patients in NOCs...
- The spectrum of nervous system involvement in Behçet's syndrome and its differential diagnosis
Haci Emin Sok No 20 7 Nisantasi, 34365, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurol 256:513-29. 2009
..Currently, treatment options are limited to attack and symptomatic therapies with no evidence for the efficacy of any long term preventive treatment...
- Neuro-Behçet syndrome
Department of Neurology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Handb Clin Neurol 121:1703-23. 2014
- BAb and MxA as functional biomarkers in routine clinical laboratories for the determination of anti-IFN-beta antibodies and their bioactivity levels in multiple sclerosis patients
a Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Immunoassay Immunochem 35:398-411. 2014
..2%). The correlation between high BAb titers and low MxA mRNA levels was highly significant (P = 0.00003). Our data indicate that there is a good correlation between especially high BAbs levels and diminished MxA mRNA levels. ..
- The linear trend of headache prevalence and some headache features in school children
Mersin University School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Turkey
Agri 19:20-32. 2007
..This study results can constitute a basis for the future epidemiological based studies...
- A comparative ID migraine screener study in ophthalmology, ENT and neurology out-patient clinics
Departments of Neurology, Medical Faculties of Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Cephalalgia 29:68-75. 2009
..This study validated the ID migraine test as a sensitive and specific tool in OC and ENTC, encouraging its use as a screening instrument...
- The impact of depression and ghrelin on body weight in migraineurs
Neurology Department, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
J Headache Pain 15:23. 2014
..We examined the moderating and mediating roles of ghrelin in the relationship between depression (and anxiety) and body weight in newly diagnosed migraineurs...
- Headache in Behçet's syndrome
The Department of Neurology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Headache 45:911-9. 2005
..To study the frequencies and characteristics of different headache types seen in patients with Behçet's syndrome (BS) in a large cohort of patients...
- Management of lower urinary tract dysfunction in multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and Turkish consensus report
Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Department of Urology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurourol Urodyn 32:1047-57. 2013
- A polysomnographic and clinical study of sleep disorders in patients with Behçet and neuro-Behçet syndrome
Department of Neurology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Neurol 71:115-9. 2014
..Our findings emphasize the importance of questioning the quality of sleep and its disorders in patients with BS in order to better handle the common somatic complaints in these patients, such as fatigue or daytime sleepiness..
- Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency: does ultrasound really distinguish multiple sclerosis subjects from healthy controls?
Department of Radiology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34300 Kocamustafapasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Radiol 22:970-9. 2012
..To investigate the differences between multiple sclerosis (MS) and control subjects by using extracranial venous grey-scale, colour and spectral Doppler ultrasound...
- Economic impact of primary headaches in Turkey: a university hospital based study: part II
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine University of Uludag, 16059, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
J Headache Pain 7:75-82. 2006
..The results of this nationwide university hospital based study methshowed that headache, especially migraine, has considerable economic impact on patients...
- Behçet's Disease
Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa, 34093, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Treat Options Neurol 13:290-310. 2011
..However, as recurrences may occur, long-term treatment with azathioprine is recommended...