- Behçet's syndrome and the nervous system
Department of Neurology, Clinical Neuroimmunology Division, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa 34303, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Opin Neurol 17:347-57. 2004
..The present review summarizes the neurological involvement in BS, and emphasizes recent clinical concepts and ethiopathogenetic findings...
- The burden of headache in neurology outpatient clinics in Turkey
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Department of Neurology, Istanbul, Turkey
Pain Pract 7:313-23. 2007
..The aim of the study was to investigate the burden of headache in neurology outpatient clinics (NOCs) regardless of their primary complaint...
- Impact of sex hormonal changes on tension-type headache and migraine: a cross-sectional population-based survey in 2,600 women
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Uludag, 16059, Bursa, Turkey
J Headache Pain 13:557-65. 2012
..Menopause had a slight improving effect on migraine compared to TTH. Sex hormonal changes have major impacts particularly on migraine; however, the effects of hormonal fluctuations on TTH should not be underestimated...
- One-year prevalence and the impact of migraine and tension-type headache in Turkey: a nationwide home-based study in adults
Department of Neurology, Anadolu Health Center Hospital, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Headache Pain 13:147-57. 2012
- The validation of ID Migraine screener in neurology outpatient clinics in Turkey
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Uludag, 16059, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
J Headache Pain 8:217-23. 2007
..This test would help to increase the diagnosis and treatment rate of undiagnosed migraine patients in NOCs...
- The spectrum of nervous system involvement in Behçet's syndrome and its differential diagnosis
Haci Emin Sok No 20 7 Nisantasi, 34365, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurol 256:513-29. 2009
..Currently, treatment options are limited to attack and symptomatic therapies with no evidence for the efficacy of any long term preventive treatment...
- The linear trend of headache prevalence and some headache features in school children
Mersin University School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Turkey
Agri 19:20-32. 2007
..This study results can constitute a basis for the future epidemiological based studies...
- A comparative ID migraine screener study in ophthalmology, ENT and neurology out-patient clinics
Departments of Neurology, Medical Faculties of Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Cephalalgia 29:68-75. 2009
..This study validated the ID migraine test as a sensitive and specific tool in OC and ENTC, encouraging its use as a screening instrument...
- Headache in Behçet's syndrome
The Department of Neurology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Headache 45:911-9. 2005
..To study the frequencies and characteristics of different headache types seen in patients with Behçet's syndrome (BS) in a large cohort of patients...
- Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency: does ultrasound really distinguish multiple sclerosis subjects from healthy controls?
Department of Radiology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34300 Kocamustafapasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Radiol 22:970-9. 2012
..To investigate the differences between multiple sclerosis (MS) and control subjects by using extracranial venous grey-scale, colour and spectral Doppler ultrasound...
- Economic impact of primary headaches in Turkey: a university hospital based study: part II
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine University of Uludag, 16059, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
J Headache Pain 7:75-82. 2006
..The results of this nationwide university hospital based study methshowed that headache, especially migraine, has considerable economic impact on patients...
- Behçet's Disease
Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa, 34093, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Treat Options Neurol 13:290-310. 2011
..However, as recurrences may occur, long-term treatment with azathioprine is recommended...