- Tissue advanced glycation end products (AGEs), measured by skin autofluorescence, predict mortality in peritoneal dialysis
Department of Nephrology, Gr T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Int Urol Nephrol 47:563-9. 2015
..This study aimed to measure and compare tissue AGEs levels in patients receiving either HD or peritoneal dialysis (PD) and to study the effect of these products on all-cause, cardiovascular or sepsis-related mortality...
- Hepatitis B and C virus infection in the hemodialysis population from three romanian regions
Department of Nephrology, Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania
Nephron 129:202-8. 2015
- Superior predictive value for NTproBNP compared with high sensitivity cTnT in dialysis patients: a pilot prospective observational study
Nephrology Clinic, Dialysis and Renal Transplant Center, C I Parhon University Hospital, Gr T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Kidney Blood Press Res 39:636-47. 2014
..The objective of this pilot study was to determine the utility of hs-cTnT alone versus hs-cTnT in combination with NT-proBNP for predicting death in a stable hemodialysis cohort...
- Evaluation of advanced glycation end products accumulation, using skin autofluorescence, in CKD and dialysis patients
Faculty of Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Gr T Popa, Iasi, Romania
Int Urol Nephrol 44:1441-9. 2012
..Our aim was to evaluate tissue accumulation of AGEs in CKD patients and possible correlations with traditional and non-traditional cardiovascular risk factors...
- Predicting mortality in haemodialysis patients: a comparison between lung ultrasonography, bioimpedance data and echocardiography parameters
Department of Nephrology, University of Medicine Grigore T Popa, Iasi, Romania
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:2851-9. 2013
..Lung congestion is a direct consequence of either overall overhydration and/or cardiac dysfunction, but the exact contribution of each of these tests to mortality is unknown...
- Prognostic significance of 25-hydroxivitamin D entirely explained by a higher comorbidity burden: Experience from a South-Eastern European Dialysis Cohort
Department of Nephrology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy V Babeş Timişoara, Timisoara, Romania
Hemodial Int 19:249-55. 2015
- Procalcitonin: diagnostic value in systemic infections in chronic kidney disease or renal transplant patients
Dialysis and Renal Transplantation Center, Dr C I Parhon University Hospital, B dul Carol I, Nr 50, Iasi, Romania
Int Urol Nephrol 46:461-8. 2014
..Although procalcitonin (PCT) has been described as a marker of infection and inflammation, it has not been extensively studied in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD), end stage renal disease, or renal transplant...
- Consequences of Advanced Glycation End Products Accumulation in Chronic Kidney Disease and Clinical Usefulness of Their Assessment Using a Non-invasive Technique - Skin Autofluorescence
University Hospital Dr C I Parhon, Iasi, Department of Nephrology
Maedica (Buchar) 6:298-307. 2011
- Changes in the histological spectrum of glomerular diseases in the past 16 years in the North-Eastern region of Romania
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital Dr C I Parhon, Iasi, Romania
BMC Nephrol 14:148. 2013
..We compared these findings with our previous ones, from 1995 to 2004, as well as with similar reports...
- New insights into the effect of haemodiafiltration on mortality: the Romanian experience
Nephrology Department, Gr T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
Nephrol Dial Transplant 30:294-301. 2015
..Recently, three large, randomized, controlled trials have tested this hypothesis, but only one showed an improved survival associated with HDF treatment, when compared with haemodialysis (HD)...