- Nickel induced toxic effects and bioaccumulation in the submerged plant, Hydrilla verticillata (L.F.) Royle under repeated metal exposure
Ecotoxicology and Bioremediation, Environmental Sciences Division, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001 U P, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 71:1175-83. 2003
- Accumulation of chromium and scanning electron microscopic studies in Scirpus lacustris L. Treated with metal and tannery effluent
M R Suseela
National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 68:540-8. 2002
- Purification and cloning of amyloid precursor protein beta-secretase from human brain
Elan Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 402:537-40. 1999
..Cloning and expression of the enzyme reveals that human brain beta-secretase is a new membrane-bound aspartic proteinase...
- Beta-secretase processing of the beta-amyloid precursor protein in transgenic mice is efficient in neurons but inefficient in astrocytes
Athena Neurosciences, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 271:31407-11. 1996
..This provides strong in vivo evidence that the major source of Abeta in brain is from neurons and not from astrocytes...
- Cellular mechanisms of beta-amyloid production and secretion
Elan Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11049-53. 1999
..Peptide aldehyde inhibitors that block Abeta production by inhibiting gamma-secretase cleavage of beta-CTF have been discovered...
- The secreted form of the Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein with the Kunitz domain is protease nexin-II
Athena Neurosciences, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
Nature 341:144-7. 1989
..Secreted APP695 did not form complexes with trypsin. We conclude that the secreted form of APP with the Kunitz protease inhibitor domain is PN-II...
- BACE knockout mice are healthy despite lacking the primary beta-secretase activity in brain: implications for Alzheimer's disease therapeutics
S L Roberds
Department of Genomics, Pharmacia Corp, 301 Henrietta Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Hum Mol Genet 10:1317-24. 2001
- Differential DNA binding and transcription modulation by three T-box proteins, T, TBX1 and TBX2
Department of Cancer Biology, NB40, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gene 258:15-29. 2000
..These results suggest that the various T-box proteins, while highly conserved, likely use different mechanisms to modulate transcription and may have different targets in vivo...
- Molecular cloning of a novel human gene encoding a 63-kDa protein and its sublocalization within the 11q13 locus
Department of Biochemistry, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Genomics 41:397-405. 1997
..Importantly, this region has been shown to be amplified in a variety of human malignancies, including breast cancer...
- Chromosomal assignment and tissue expression of CBF-C/NFY-C, the third subunit of the mammalian CCAAT-binding factor
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Genomics 37:260-3. 1996
..We assigned the mouse CBF-C gene (designated Nfyc) to chromosome 4 with tight linkage to Lmyc. Our mouse linkage data suggest that the human NFYC homolog will map to 1p32...
- A G/C element mediates repression of the SM22alpha promoter within phenotypically modulated smooth muscle cells in experimental atherosclerosis
B R Wamhoff
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908 0736, USA
Circ Res 95:981-8. 2004
- L-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channels modulate expression of smooth muscle differentiation marker genes via a rho kinase/myocardin/SRF-dependent mechanism
B R Wamhoff
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0736, USA
Circ Res 95:406-14. 2004
- Interactive metal accumulation and its toxic effects under repeated exposure in submerged plant Najas indica Cham
Ecotoxicology and Bioremediation, Environmental Sciences Division, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, India
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 70:696-704. 2003
- Alteration of a sequence with homology to human endogenous retrovirus (HERV-K) in primary human glioma: implications for viral repeat mediated rearrangement
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, 110029, New Delhi, India
Mutat Res 484:53-9. 2001
..While not demonstrating a cause effect relationship, this highlights the possible role of such virus-derived sequences in gene inactivation by recombination during tumorigenesis...
- Cloning and sequencing of cDNA of bovine N-acetylglucosamine (beta 1-4)galactosyltransferase
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:4720-4. 1986
..5 kilobases. The results show that pLbGT-1 is a cDNA clone for bovine (beta 1-4)galactosyltransferase, and pLbGT-2 encodes a protein that is structurally and may be functionally related to transferases...
- Retention of the Alzheimer's amyloid precursor fragment C99 in the endoplasmic reticulum prevents formation of amyloid beta-peptide
W A Maltese
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20267-79. 2001
..The results suggest that presenilins may acquire the characteristics of gamma-secretase after leaving the ER, possibly by assembling with other proteins in peripheral membranes...
- Direct antigen capture by soluble scFv antibodies. A method for detection, characterization, and determination of affinity
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi-110029, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 90:11-22. 2001
..Although these techniques have been developed for antibodies to HSAP, they have general utility for phage expression systems without a peptide tag...
- Recombinant rat CBF-C, the third subunit of CBF/NFY, allows formation of a protein-DNA complex with CBF-A and CBF-B and with yeast HAP2 and HAP3
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:1624-8. 1995
..Our results indicate that CBF is a unique evolutionarily conserved DNA binding protein...
- Cloning of the sodium-dependent, broad-scope, neutral amino acid transporter Bo from a human placental choriocarcinoma cell line
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 271:18657-61. 1996
..Chromosomal assignment studies with somatic cell hybrid analysis and fluorescent in situ hybridization have located the ATBo gene to human chromosome 19q13.3...
- Crystal structure of Bacillus subtilis YabJ, a purine regulatory protein and member of the highly conserved YjgF family
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13074-9. 1999
..This conserved site is proposed to be a binding or catalytic site for a ligand or substrate that is common to YabJ and other members of the YER057c/YjgF/UK114 family of proteins...
- Overexpression and purification of recombinant eel calcitonin and its phylogenetic analysis
Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Applied Medicines and Research, 9th Mile Stone, Ghaziabad UP, India
Protein Pept Lett 12:263-9. 2005
..In this study we describe the over-expression and over-production of C-terminal amidated eCT in recombinant Streptomyces avermitilis. A phylogenetic analysis was performed with all the known CT amino acid sequences...