- Novel anti-diabetic agents in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a mini-review
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Brooklyn Hospital Center New York Presbyterian Healthcare System, Brooklyn, New York, USA Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, USA
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 12:584-8. 2013
..The recommended treatment for this disease includes measures that target obesity and insulin resistance. The present review summarizes the role of newer anti-diabetic agents in treatment of NAFLD...
- The role of endoscopy in bariatrics: past, present, and future
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, 121 Dekalb Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 22:802-11. 2012
..In this article, we review the current and future endoscopic methods for weight reduction that are either in practice or in testing...
- Management of refractory ascites
Department of Gastroenterology, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am J Ther 19:121-32. 2012
..Liver transplantation remains the only definitive therapy for refractory ascites. Because refractory ascites is a poor prognostic sign, liver transplantation should be considered and incorporated early in the treatment plan...
- Colonoscopy for colorectal cancer screening above age 75: outcomes in symptomatic african american and Hispanic adults
Internal Medicine, Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL, USA
J Gastrointest Cancer 42:212-6. 2011
..Considerations to support screening in an individual patient are not clearly described. There is limited data to support recommendations in African American (AA) and Hispanics population...
- Multifocal epitheloid hemangioendothelioma of liver after long-term oral contraceptive use--a case report and discussion of management difficulties encountered
Division of Gastroenterology, Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
J Gastrointest Cancer 40:59-63. 2009
..On examination, she was thinly built and had pallor; abdominal examination revealed tender hepatomegaly 3 cm below the costal margin, smooth surface, sharp regular edge with left lobe enlargement, and no bruit...
- Tumour necrosis factor-alpha and soluble Fas ligand as biomarkers in non-acetaminophen-induced acute liver failure
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Biomarkers 14:347-53. 2009
..We investigated the clinical significance of proinflammatory/apoptotic cytokines soluble Fas ligand (sFasL) and tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha in ALF of specific aetiology...
- Sevoflurane hepatotoxicity: a case report of sevoflurane hepatic necrosis and review of the literature
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, USA
Am J Ther 17:219-22. 2010
..However, this case suggests that sevoflurane can lead to severe life-threatening hepatic necrosis in at-risk individuals...
- Association of tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene promoter polymorphisms with acute viral hepatitis in the Indian population
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, BL Taneja Block, BSZ Marg, New Delhi, 110001, India
Dig Dis Sci 55:1106-12. 2010
..This study suggests that SNPs at -308 and -857 of the TNFalpha promoter may represent an increased risk for the development of AVH but not for FHF in the Indian population...
- Apoptotic mechanisms in fulminant hepatic failure: potential therapeutic target
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College, LNJP Hospital, New Delhi, India
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 17:282-5. 2009
..Pathogenesis of fulminant hepatic failure (FHF) in nonacetaminophen etiology is not elucidated. We have investigated the significance of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) type-I receptor (TNF-R1) and Fas receptor (CD95, APO-1) in FHF...
- Acute fatty liver of pregnancy
From the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Brooklyn Hospital Center, New York, New York
South Med J 106:588-93. 2013
..Our review summarizes the current knowledge in pathophysiology, diagnostic approach and management of this disorder. ..
- Hepatic hydrothorax
Department of Gastroenterology, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY
Am J Ther 21:43-51. 2014
..The primary therapeutic goals are to reduce ascitic fluid production and improve symptoms to bridge the time for liver transplantation. ..
- Impact of bowel preparation on surveillance colonoscopy interval
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Scand J Gastroenterol 49:885-90. 2014
..Colonoscopy should be repeated earlier if symptoms develop. ..
- Over the scope clip: technique and expanding clinical applications
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, New York Presbyterian Healthcare System, Weill Cornell Medical College, Brooklyn, NY
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:749-56. 2013
..Advances in endoscopic and surgical techniques have increased the frequency and complexity of these procedures, and thus, the incidence of associated complications...
- The skin: a mirror to the gut
Division of Gastroenterology, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 79 01 Broadway, Elmhurst, NY 11373, USA
Int J Colorectal Dis 28:889-913. 2013
..Diagnostic and treatment approaches towards these disorders are summarized...
- Management of acid- and alkali-induced esophageal strictures in 79 adults by endoscopic dilation: 8-years' experience in New Delhi
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
Dysphagia 22:130-4. 2007