- Is narrow band imaging superior to high-definition white light endoscopy in the assessment of diminutive colorectal polyps?
Gastroenterology Unit, Division of Medicine, Lyell McEwin Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:472-8. 2013
..We prospectively assessed the performance of high-definition white light endoscopy (hWLE) and narrow band imaging (NBI) in differentiating diminutive colorectal polyps...
- Carbon dioxide insufflation during colonoscopy in deeply sedated patients
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Lyell McEwin Hospital, South Australia 5070, Australia
World J Gastroenterol 18:3250-3. 2012
..To compare the impact of carbon dioxide (CO₂) and air insufflation on patient tolerance/safety in deeply sedated patients undergoing colonoscopy...
- Advanced endoscopic imaging in Barrett's oesophagus: a review on current practice
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, Lyell McEwin Hospital University of Adelaide, Elizabeth Vale 5112 SA, Australia
World J Gastroenterol 17:4271-6. 2011
..This review will specifically focus on some of the novel endoscopic imaging modalities currently available in routine practice which includes chromoendoscopy, autofluorescence imaging and narrow band imaging...
- Narrow-band imaging in the evaluation of villous morphology: a feasibility study assessing a simplified classification and observer agreement
The Lyell McEwin Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Endoscopy 42:889-94. 2010
..To determine the utility of narrow-band imaging with optical magnification (NBI-Z) in the evaluation of villous morphology...
- Peripheral intravenous catheter related phlebitis and its contributing factors among adult population at KU Teaching Hospital
Kathmandu University School of Medical Science, Dhulikhel Hospital Kathmandu University Teaching Hospital, Dhulikhel, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 6:443-7. 2008
..This study was carried out to determine the occurrence of peripheral intravenous catheter related phlebitis and to define the possible factors associated to its development...
- Cerebral venous infarction during a high altitude expedition
School of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Singapore Med J 50:e306-8. 2009
..CVT should be considered in mountain climbers presenting with progressive neurological deterioration that is not solely attributable to AMS...
- Clinical risk factors for therapeutic failure in kala-azar patients treated with pentavalent antimonials in Nepal
Department of Internal Medicine, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan 056700, Nepal
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:225-9. 2010
..1), interruption of treatment (OR=4.3) and ambulatory treatment (OR=10.2). Early diagnosis and supervised treatment is of paramount importance to prevent treatment failures within the control programme...
- Quality of care provided to newborns by nursing personnel at BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences
Department of Maternal Health Nursing, BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 7:231-7. 2009
..The first few hours since birth is the most crucial period in the life of an infant for further growth and development, which is largely determined by the quality of care that the newborn receives...
- Effect of exopolysaccharide-producing strains of Streptococcus thermophilus on technological attributes of fat-free lassi
P V Behare
Dairy Microbiology Division, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal 132001, Haryana, India
J Dairy Sci 93:2874-9. 2010
..Use of IG16 resulted in lassi having optimal acidity, less syneresis, high viscosity, and better scores for flavor, consistency, and color and appearance...
- Assessment of urban air pollution and it's probable health impact
S C Barman
Environmental Monitoring Section, M G Marg, Lucknow 226 001, India
J Environ Biol 31:913-20. 2010
..These pollutants may pose detrimental effect on human health, as exposure of these are associated with cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, neurological impairments, increased risk of preterm birth and even mortality and morbidity...
- First-trimester increase in oxidative stress and risk of small-for-gestational-age fetus
Reproductive Sciences Section, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
BJOG 116:637-42. 2009
..Investigation of increased oxidative stress in early pregnancy and association with an increased risk of small-for-gestational-age (SGA) fetus...
- Pediatric and neonatal tetanus: a hospital based study at eastern Nepal
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, BP Koirala Institute of Health Scienccs, Dharan, Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 10:170-5. 2008
..Despite lack of adequate resources, we can still manage tetanus cases with comparable outcome to other case series reported in the literatures...
- Profile of renal diseases in Nepalese children
N K Bhatta
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 6:191-4. 2008
..To find out the profile of renal diseases in children hospitalized in the pediatric department of the tertiary care university teaching hospital in Eastern Nepal...
- Vena cava filter placement using a cutdown of the superficial epigastric vein
Division of Vascular Surgery, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 36:381-4. 2002
..It is a simple, safe procedure that can be performed without any significant increase in operative time and no additional morbidity...
- Autoimmune hemolytic anemia associated with benign ovarian cyst: a case report and review of literature
Departments of Medicine, Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Med Sci 57:504-6. 2003
..Since immunosuppressive therapy is usually ineffectual in AIHA associated with ovarian cyst, it may be appropriate to contemplate surgery before embarking on IST in such cases...
- Behçet's disease with relapsing cutaneous polyarteritis-nodosa-like lesions, responsive to oral cyclosporine therapy
Department of General Medicine and Pathology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India
Dermatol Online J 9:9. 2003
..We conclude that C-PAN-like lesions may be marker of severe disease and require intense immunosuppressive therapy...
- Evaluation of a urinary antigen-based latex agglutination test in the diagnosis of kala-azar in eastern Nepal
B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Trop Med Int Health 9:724-9. 2004
- Management of major bile duct injuries after laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Department of Surgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, 160 012, Chandigarh, India
Surg Endosc 18:1196-9. 2004
..The aim of this study was to analyze the presentation, characteristics, related investigation, and treatment results of major bile duct injuries (MBDI) after laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC)...
- Intraoral papillary endothelial hyperplasia: case discussion with supportive histochemistry and immunohistochemistry
A R Raghu
Department of Oral Pathology, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal 576 104, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 29:253-7. 2005
..This lesion warrants better documentation of the clinical behavior with regular monitoring...
- Accurate blood pressure recording: is it difficult?
Department of Medicine, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Med Sci 59:480-7. 2005
..The study was conducted in the Medicine Department at Government Medical College, Chandigarh, a teaching institute for MBBS students...
- Ageing and circadian variation in cardiovascular events
Department of Medicine, Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh, India
Singapore Med J 47:305-8. 2006
..Circadian variation in cardiovascular events is well recognised in vascular events. This study aims to observe any significant difference in circadian variability in geriatric patients when compared to their younger counterparts...
- Levels of lipid peroxides and antioxidants in smokers and nonsmokers
Department of Periodontics, King George s Medical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Periodontal Res 41:405-10. 2006
..The aim of the study was to evaluate the relationship between cigarette smoking and periodontal damage in terms of the levels of free radicals and antioxidants...
- A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the slow-acting symptom modifying effects of a regimen containing colchicine in a subset of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee
S K Das
Department of Medicine, K G Medical College, Lucknow, India
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 10:247-52. 2002
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the symptomatic benefit of addition of colchicine to a regimen of intraarticular steroids and piroxicam in patients with knee OA with inflammation...
- A new HPTLC densitometric method for analysis of swertiamarin in Enicostemma littorale and commercial formulations
Department of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, Al Kharj University, Al Kharj, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Nat Prod Res 25:17-25. 2011
..25 and 103.12 ng spot⁻¹, respectively. The proposed method was employed with a high degree of precision and accuracy for the estimation of swertiamarin in methanolic extract of Enicostemma littorale and in commercial formulations...