T C Putti
Affiliation: National University of Singapore
- Expression of epidermal growth factor receptor in head and neck cancers correlates with clinical progression: a multicentre immunohistochemical study in the Asia-Pacific regionT C Putti
Department of Pathology, National University Hospital, Republic of Singapore
Histopathology 41:144-51. 2002....
- Biological behavior of keratoacanthoma and squamous cell carcinoma: telomerase activity and COX-2 as potential markersThomas C Putti
Department of Pathology, National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Mod Pathol 17:468-75. 2004..The differential expression of markers also explains the sustained proliferation observed in squamous cell carcinoma, compared to a shorter lifespan and involution in keratoacanthoma...
- Cyclooxygenase 2 expression in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: immunohistochemical findings and potential implicationsK B Tan
Department of Pathology, National University of Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074
J Clin Pathol 58:535-8. 2005..It is expressed by various tumours and contributes to carcinogenesis. Notably, COX-2 inhibitors appear to have tumour suppressor effects and are being evaluated in clinical trials...
- BRCA1 disease-associated haplotypes in Singapore Malay women with early-onset breast/ovarian cancerA B Ali
Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Breast Cancer Res Treat 104:351-3. 2007
- Over-expression of ERp29 attenuates doxorubicin-induced cell apoptosis through up-regulation of Hsp27 in breast cancer cellsDaohai Zhang
Department of Pathology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Exp Cell Res 316:3522-31. 2010..Therefore, targeting of Hsp27, with a combination of other chemotherapeutic agents, is a rational strategy in treating doxorubicin-resistant cancer cells...
- Automatic breast cancer grading of histopathological imagesJean Romain Dalle
Dept of Computer Science, National University of Singapore, Computing 1, Singapore
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2008:3052-5. 2008..It combines the three criteria in the Nottingham scoring system using a multi-resolution approach. To our best knowledge, there is no existing work that provide complete grading according to the Nottingham criteria...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression: a potential prognostic and predictive marker for high-grade ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastK B Tan
Department of Pathology, National University of Singapore, National University Hospital, Singapore
Histopathology 44:24-8. 2004..Animal studies indicate that COX-2 inhibition is effective in the prevention and treatment of mammary cancers...
- Breast pathology practice: most common problems in a consultation serviceT C Putti
Department of Pathology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, and Department of Histopathology, The Breast Unit, Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust, UK
Histopathology 47:445-57. 2005..The use of common immunohistochemical stains such as various cytokeratin and myoepithelial markers, E-cadherin and hormone receptors is helpful in solving most of these diagnostic dilemmas...
- Myelolipoma within a non-functional adrenal cortical adenomaK Ong
Department of Pathology, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074
Singapore Med J 48:e200-2. 2007..The literature on synchronous myelolipoma with adrenal adenoma, and myelolipoma within functional adrenal adenoma, is reviewed...
- Estrogen receptor-negative breast carcinomas: a review of morphology and immunophenotypical analysisThomas C Putti
Department of Pathology, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Mod Pathol 18:26-35. 2005....
- Comparative study in the expression of p53, EGFR, TGF-alpha, and cyclin D1 in verrucous carcinoma, verrucous hyperplasia, and squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck regionMaoxin Wu
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 10:351-6. 2002..Correlation between the level of expression of all markers and the grade of this group of squamous lesions revealed statistically significant correlation coefficients for p53 and EGFR but not for TGF-alpha and cyclin D1...
- Stromal expression of vascular endothelial growth factor correlates with tumor grade and microvessel density in mammary phyllodes tumors: a multicenter study of 185 casesGary M K Tse
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Hum Pathol 35:1053-7. 2004..Assessment of stromal VEGF may be useful as an adjunctive diagnostic criterion in the histologic assessment of malignancy in phyllodes tumors...
- p63 is useful in the diagnosis of mammary metaplastic carcinomasGary M Tse
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Pathology 38:16-20. 2006....
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology of metaplastic carcinoma of the breastPhilip C W Lui
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Clin Pathol 60:529-33. 2007..Metaplastic carcinoma of the breast encompasses a heterogeneous group of tumours with variable components of sarcomatoid, squamous or poorly differentiated carcinomas...
- Novel breast cancer biomarkers identified by integrative proteomic and gene expression mappingKeli Ou
Agenica Research Pte Ltd, National Cancer Centre of Singarope, and Genome Institute of Singapore, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore 169610
J Proteome Res 7:1518-28. 2008..Our study thus illustrates how the systematic integration of proteomic and transcriptomic data from both cell line and primary tissue samples can prove advantageous for accelerating cancer biomarker discovery...
- Increased p53 protein expression in malignant mammary phyllodes tumorsGary M K Tse
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, P R China
Mod Pathol 15:734-40. 2002..The role of p53 gene mutation in the malignant transformation of PT is unclear; but this may not be the sole mechanism as many malignant PT were p53 protein negative...