Song Iee Hong
Affiliation: National University of Singapore
- Maximizing a nurturing care style for persons with dementia: a person-centered analysisSong Iee Hong
Department of Social Work, National University of Singapore, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Block AS3, Singapore Electronic address
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:987-98. 2013..Our aim was to structure the configuration of family caregivers' management strategies for the person with dementia (PWD) and to examine factors differentiating caregiving styles...
- Contribution of residential relocation and lifestyle to the structure of health trajectoriesSong Iee Hong
Department of Social Work, National University of Singapore, Block AS3, Level 4, 3 Arts Link, Singapore 117570
J Aging Health 21:244-65. 2009..Underlining ecological theories of aging, we assessed the impact of relocation, residential type, and individual lifestyle factors on the structure of health status overtime...
- Structural relationships between social activities and longitudinal trajectories of depression among older adultsSong Iee Hong
National University of Singapore, Department of Social Work, Faculty of Arts and Social Science Block AS3, Level 4, 3 Arts Link, Singapore
Gerontologist 49:1-11. 2009..This study examines the structural relationships between social activities and trajectories of late-life depression...
- Understanding patterns of service utilization among informal caregivers of community older adultsSong Iee Hong
Department of Social Work, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Block AS3, National University of Singapore, Level 4, 3 Arts Link, Singapore 117570, Singapore
Gerontologist 50:87-99. 2010..The article seeks to identify patterns of service utilization among informal caregivers of frail older adults. In particular, the study examined determinants that explain heterogeneous variations in caregivers' service use patterns...
- Health outcomes of Experience Corps: a high-commitment volunteer programS I Hong
National University of Singapore, Social Work, 3 Arts Link, Singapore
Soc Sci Med 71:414-20. 2010..Results of this study add to the evidence supporting high-intensity volunteering as a social model of health promotion for older adults...
- The Lay Public's Understanding and Perception of Dementia in a Developed Asian NationWai Jia Tan
Ministry of Health Holdings, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Dement Geriatr Cogn Dis Extra 2:433-44. 2012..However, poor perception and understanding of dementia are significant barriers. We aim to investigate the public's perception of dementia and identify variables associated with the different profiles of public perception...
- An empirical typology of lifetime and current gambling behaviors: association with health status of older adultsSong Iee Hong
National University of Singapore, Singapore
Aging Ment Health 13:265-73. 2009..Thus, we aimed to classify lifetime (LPG) and current (CPG) problem gambling patterns, identify determinants of gambling patterns, and examine their association with current health status...