Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National University of Singapore
- Xu H, Zhang X, Li H, Li C, Huo X, Hou L, et al. Immune response induced by major environmental pollutants through altering neutrophils in zebrafish larvae. Aquat Toxicol. 2018;201:99-108 pubmed publisher..This study has also demonstrated that Tg(lyz:DsRed2) transgenic zebrafish is an excellent tool for screening environmental chemicals with potential inflammatory effects through FACS-facilitated neutrophil counting. ..
- Yan C, Yang Q, Gong Z. Activation of Hepatic Stellate Cells During Liver Carcinogenesis Requires Fibrinogen/Integrin αvβ5 in Zebrafish. Neoplasia. 2018;20:533-542 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded a novel interaction between oncogenic hepatocytes and HSCs through the fibrinogen related pathway in both the zebrafish HCC model and human liver disease samples. ..
- Huang X, Agrawal I, Li Z, Zheng W, Lin Q, Gong Z. Transcriptomic Analyses in Zebrafish Cancer Models for Global Gene Expression and Pathway Discovery. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;916:147-68 pubmed publisher..In the future, other genomic tools, such as epigenetic, proteomic and metabolomic tools will likely be incorporated into zebrafish cancer studies, further refining our understanding of cancer. ..
- Yan C, Yang Q, Gong Z. Tumor-Associated Neutrophils and Macrophages Promote Gender Disparity in Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Zebrafish. Cancer Res. 2017;77:1395-1407 pubmed publisher..These results identify increased cortisol production and TAN/TAM infiltration as primary factors in the gender disparity of HCC development in both fish and human. Cancer Res; 77(6); 1395-407. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Wang Z, Du J, Lam S, Mathavan S, Matsudaira P, Gong Z. Morphological and molecular evidence for functional organization along the rostrocaudal axis of the adult zebrafish intestine. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:392 pubmed publisher..Evolutionary lack of stomach, crypts, Paneth cells and submucosal glands has shaped the zebrafish intestine into a simpler but unique organ in vertebrate intestinal biology. ..
- Ung C, Lam S, Hlaing M, Winata C, Korzh S, Mathavan S, et al. Mercury-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: in vivo mechanistic insights from transcriptome analysis, phenotype anchoring and targeted gene expression validation. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:212 pubmed publisher..The molecular conservation of mercury-induced hepatotoxicity between zebrafish and human cell line reveals the feasibility of using zebrafish to model molecular toxicity in human for toxicant risk assessments. ..
- Mirbahai L, Williams T, Zhan H, Gong Z, Chipman J. Comprehensive profiling of zebrafish hepatic proximal promoter CpG island methylation and its modification during chemical carcinogenesis. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:3 pubmed publisher..These findings increase the confidence in the use of zebrafish as a model for human cancer in addition to providing the first comprehensive mapping of DNA methylation in the normal adult zebrafish liver. ..
- Li Z, Korzh V, Gong Z. Localized rbp4 expression in the yolk syncytial layer plays a role in yolk cell extension and early liver development. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:117 pubmed..YSL-expressed Rbp4 plays a role in formation of both yolk extension and liver bud, the latter may also require migration of liver progenitor cells. ..
- Winata C, Korzh S, Kondrychyn I, Korzh V, Gong Z. The role of vasculature and blood circulation in zebrafish swimbladder development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:3 pubmed publisher..As the swimbladder is lined with an intricate network of blood capillaries, it is of interest to investigate the role of the vascular system during early development of swimbladder...
- Xu H, Li C, Suklai P, Zeng Q, Chong R, Gong Z. Differential sensitivities to dioxin-like compounds PCB 126 and PeCDF between Tg(cyp1a:gfp) transgenic medaka and zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2018;192:24-30 pubmed publisher..The findings suggested species-specific sensitivity to DLCs in fish and will facilitate choosing a sensitive and reliable fish model or tool to evaluate the risk of dioxins and DLCs exposure...
- Lu J, Ho Y, Ciou S, Gong Z. Innovative Disease Model: Zebrafish as an In Vivo Platform for Intestinal Disorder and Tumors. Biomedicines. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..This review demonstrates that excellent zebrafish models can provide novel insights into the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal diseases and help facilitate the evaluation of novel anti-tumor drugs. ..
- Gong Z, Ju B, Wang X, He J, Wan H, Sudha P, et al. Green fluorescent protein expression in germ-line transmitted transgenic zebrafish under a stratified epithelial promoter from keratin8. Dev Dyn. 2002;223:204-15 pubmed
- Yan C, Huo X, Wang S, Feng Y, Gong Z. Stimulation of hepatocarcinogenesis by neutrophils upon induction of oncogenic kras expression in transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2015;63:420-8 pubmed publisher..An inflammatory cue from oncogenic hepatocytes upon induction of kras(V12) expression causes a rapid recruitment of neutrophils to oncogenic liver and the neutrophils play a promoting role in early hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Gong Z, Wan H, Tay T, Wang H, Chen M, Yan T. Development of transgenic fish for ornamental and bioreactor by strong expression of fluorescent proteins in the skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:58-63 pubmed..Furthermore, compared to the wild-type fish, these fluorescent transgenic fish have no advantage in survival and reproduction. ..