Wee Joo Chng
Affiliation: National University of Singapore
- Zhou J, Toh S, Chan Z, Quah J, Chooi J, Tan T, et al. A loss-of-function genetic screening reveals synergistic targeting of AKT/mTOR and WTN/Î²-catenin pathways for treatment of AML with high PRL-3 phosphatase. J Hematol Oncol. 2018;11:36 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous inhibition of these two pathways could achieve robust clinical efficacy for this subtype of AML patient with high PRL-3 expression and warrant further clinical investigation. ..
- Soekojo C, de Mel S, Ooi M, Yan B, Chng W. Potential Clinical Application of Genomics in Multiple Myeloma. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..In this review paper we describe the different genomic techniques available, including the latest advancements, and discuss the potential clinical application of genomics in multiple myeloma. ..
- Gupta N, Goh Y, Min C, Lee J, Kim K, Wong R, et al. Pharmacokinetics and safety of ixazomib plus lenalidomide-dexamethasone in Asian patients with relapsed/refractory myeloma: a phase 1 study. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:103 pubmed publisher..0 mg. Consequently, East Asian patients enrolled in phase 3 studies are receiving the same ixazomib dose as patients in other regions. This study is registered at NCT01645930. ..
- Zhou J, Chan Z, Bi C, Lu X, Chong P, Chooi J, et al. LIN28B Activation by PRL-3 Promotes Leukemogenesis and a Stem Cell-like Transcriptional Program in AML. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:294-303 pubmed publisher..b>Implications: The current study offers a rationale for targeting PRL-3 as a therapeutic approach for a subset of AML patients with poor prognosis. Mol Cancer Res; 15(3); 294-303. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Chai J, Zhang Y, Tan W, Chng W, Li B, Wang X. Regulation of hTERT by BCR-ABL at multiple levels in K562 cells. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:512 pubmed publisher..Given that BCR-ABL is the specific target of Gleevec in CML treatment, we investigated the regulation of the catalytic component of telomerase, hTERT, by BCR-ABL at multiple levels in K562 cells...
- Chng W, Huang G, Chung T, Ng S, Gonzalez Paz N, Troska Price T, et al. Clinical and biological implications of MYC activation: a common difference between MGUS and newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. Leukemia. 2011;25:1026-35 pubmed publisher..Bortezomib treatment is able to overcome the survival disadvantage in patients with MYC activation. ..
- Zhou J, Bi C, Ching Y, Chooi J, Lu X, Quah J, et al. Inhibition of LIN28B impairs leukemia cell growth and metabolism in acute myeloid leukemia. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:138 pubmed publisher..In sum, these results uncover a novel mechanism of an important regulatory signaling, LIN28B/let-7/IGF2BP1, in leukemogenesis and provide a rationale to target this pathway as effective therapeutic strategy. ..
- Ng S, Ohshima K, Selvarajan V, Huang G, Choo S, Miyoshi H, et al. Prognostic implication of morphology, cyclinE2 and proliferation in EBV-associated T/NK lymphoproliferative disease in non-immunocompromised hosts. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:165 pubmed publisher..High cyclin E2 expression was also significantly associated with shorter survival (p = 0.0002). Our data suggests the potential role of monomorphic morphology, high cyclin E2 and Ki67 expression as adverse prognostic factors for TNKLPD. ..
- Zhou J, Chong P, Lu X, Cheong L, Bi C, Liu S, et al. Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 is regulated by signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in acute myeloid leukemia. Exp Hematol. 2014;42:1041-52.e1-2 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PRL-3 was transcriptionally regulated by STAT3. The STAT3/PRL-3 regulatory loop contributes to the pathogenesis of AML, and it might represent an attractive therapeutic target for antileukemic therapy. ..
- Chong P, Zhou J, Cheong L, Liu S, Qian J, Guo T, et al. LEO1 is regulated by PRL-3 and mediates its oncogenic properties in acute myelogenous leukemia. Cancer Res. 2014;74:3043-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we identify an important and novel mechanism by which PRL-3 mediates its oncogenic function in AML. ..