Nam Joon Cho
Affiliation: Nanyang Technological University
- Bhardwaj N, Sow W, Devi D, Ng K, Mandal B, Cho N. Silk fibroin-keratin based 3D scaffolds as a dermal substitute for skin tissue engineering. Integr Biol (Camb). 2015;7:53-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates the promising attributes from blended biomaterials and specifically present silk fibroin and human hair keratin blended scaffolds as a promising dermal substitute for skin tissue engineering. ..
- Tabaei S, Cho N. Lamellar sheet exfoliation of single lipid vesicles by a membrane-active peptide. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015;51:10272-5 pubmed publisher..This finding sheds light on the multiple ways in which membrane configuration can influence strain in the bilayer leaflet and contribute to nm-scale membrane curvature sensing. ..
- Fan T, Park J, Pham Q, Tan E, Mundargi R, Potroz M, et al. Extraction of cage-like sporopollenin exine capsules from dandelion pollen grains. Sci Rep. 2018;8:6565 pubmed publisher..23â€‰Â±â€‰0.33%). Overall, our findings highlight how hollow microcapsules with diverse architectural features can be readily prepared and utilized from plant-based materials. ..
- Tabaei S, Vafaei S, Cho N. Fabrication of charged membranes by the solvent-assisted lipid bilayer (SALB) formation method on SiO2 and Al2O3. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015;17:11546-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings indicate that when multicomponent lipid mixtures are used, the relative fraction of lipids in the bilayer may differ from the fraction of lipids in the precursor mixture. ..
- Bhardwaj N, Ting Sow W, Devi D, Woei Ng K, Mandal B, Cho N. Correction: Silk fibroin-keratin based 3D scaffolds as a dermal substitute for skin tissue engineering. Integr Biol (Camb). 2015;7:142 pubmed publisher..Correction for 'Silk fibroin-keratin based 3D scaffolds as a dermal substitute for skin tissue engineering' by Nandana Bhardwaj et al., Integr. Biol., 2015, DOI: 10.1039/c4ib00208c. ..
- Jackman J, MÃ©szÃ¡ros T, FÃ¼lÃ¶p T, Urbanics R, Szebeni J, Cho N. Comparison of complement activation-related pseudoallergy in miniature and domestic pigs: foundation of a validatable immune toxicity model. Nanomedicine. 2016;12:933-943 pubmed publisher..In this study, the authors looked at and compared the use of domestic pigs versus miniature pigs as experimental animals for toxicological studies. Their findings confirmed the possible use of miniature pigs for regulatory testing. ..
- Tabaei S, Jackman J, Kim M, Yorulmaz S, Vafaei S, Cho N. Biomembrane Fabrication by the Solvent-assisted Lipid Bilayer (SALB) Method. J Vis Exp. 2015;: pubmed publisher..Formation of supported membranes containing high fractions of cholesterol is also demonstrated with the SALB method, highlighting the technical capabilities of the SALB technique for a wide range of membrane configurations. ..
- Gillissen J, Tabaei S, Cho N. A phenomenological model of the solvent-assisted lipid bilayer formation method. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:24157-63 pubmed publisher..This agreement validates the proposed model to serve as the basis for optimizing conditions for SALB formation. ..
- Jackman J, Yoon B, Li D, Cho N. Nanotechnology Formulations for Antibacterial Free Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides. Molecules. 2016;21:305 pubmed publisher..Possible application routes and future directions in research and development are also discussed. ..
- Shirahama H, Kumar S, Jeon W, Kim M, Lee J, Ng S, et al. Fabrication of Inverted Colloidal Crystal Poly(ethylene glycol) Scaffold: A Three-dimensional Cell Culture Platform for Liver Tissue Engineering. J Vis Exp. 2016;: pubmed publisher..Overall, this paper provides a detailed protocol of an emerging scaffold that has wide applications in tissue engineering, especially liver tissue engineering. ..
- Brown M, Potroz M, Teh S, Cho N. Natural Products for the Treatment of Chlamydiaceae Infections. Microorganisms. 2016;4: pubmed..Finally, early stage clinical trials indicate that polyherbal formulations can be effective in treating chlamydial infections. Herein, we review an important body of literature in the field of antichlamydial research. ..
- Cho N, Hwang L, Solandt J, Frank C. Comparison of Extruded and Sonicated Vesicles for Planar Bilayer Self-Assembly. Materials (Basel). 2013;6:3294-3308 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data support that sonicated vesicles offer more robust control over the self-assembly of homogenous planar lipid bilayers, whereas extruded vesicles are vulnerable to aging and must be used soon after preparation. ..
- Kim S, Jackman J, Mochizuki M, Yoon B, Hayashi T, Cho N. Correlating single-molecule and ensemble-average measurements of peptide adsorption onto different inorganic materials. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:14454-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results obtained in this study offer insight into the ways in which inorganic materials can differentially influence and modulate the adhesion of SBPs. ..
- Bo Z, Avsar S, Corliss M, Chung M, Cho N. Influence of natural organic matter (NOM) coatings on nanoparticle adsorption onto supported lipid bilayers. J Hazard Mater. 2017;339:264-273 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results demonstrate that NOM coatings can modulate the lipid membrane interactions of various nanoparticles, suggesting a possible way to improve the environmental safety of nanoparticles. ..
- Gillissen J, Tabaei S, Jackman J, Cho N. A model derived from hydrodynamic simulations for extracting the size of spherical particles from the quartz crystal microbalance. Analyst. 2017;142:3370-3379 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this model offers a means to extract the particle size from QCM-D measurement data, with applications to biological and synthetic nanoparticles. ..
- Choi J, Kim S, Linardy E, Dreaden E, Zhdanov V, Hammond P, et al. Adsorption of hyaluronic acid on solid supports: role of pH and surface chemistry in thin film self-assembly. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015;448:197-207 pubmed publisher..The findings extend the physicochemical background of design strategies for improving the use of passive HA adsorption for surface modification applications. ..