Kong Boo Phua
Affiliation: KK Women's and Children's Hospital
- Incidence of intussusception in Singaporean children aged less than 2 years: a hospital-based prospective studyKong Boo Phua
KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
BMC Pediatr 13:161. 2013..Continuous surveillance for intussusception (IS) is important for monitoring the safety of second-generation rotavirus vaccines. The present study aimed to assess the incidence of IS in Singaporean children aged < 2 years...
- Rotavirus vaccine RIX4414 efficacy sustained during the third year of life: a randomized clinical trial in an Asian populationKong Boo Phua
Department of Paediatrics, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore 229899, Singapore
Vaccine 30:4552-7. 2012..0% [84.8-100]) and pooled non-G1 RV types (94.9% [80.2-99.4]). This study shows that the vaccine is highly efficacious, regardless of circulating RV-types, up to the first 3 years of life in affluent Asian urban populations...
- Immunogenicity, reactogenicity and safety of a diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis-inactivated polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine in a placebo-controlled rotavirus vaccine studyKong Boo Phua
Department of Paediatrics, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, National University Hospital, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 37:546-53. 2008..This phase-II study (Rota-007) evaluated the immunogenicity, reactogenicity and safety of a DTPa-IPV/Hib combined vaccine when co-administered with a rotavirus vaccine...
- Safety and efficacy of human rotavirus vaccine during the first 2 years of life in Asian infants: randomised, double-blind, controlled studyK B Phua
Department of Paediatrics, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100 Bukit, Timah Road, Singapore 229899, Singapore
Vaccine 27:5936-41. 2009..No intussusception cases were reported within 31 days post-vaccination. RIX4414 shows a good safety profile and offers high protection during the first 2 years of life with potentially significant public health impact in this population...
- Evaluation of RIX4414, a live, attenuated rotavirus vaccine, in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 trial involving 2464 Singaporean infantsKong Boo Phua
Department of Medicine, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore
J Infect Dis 192:S6-S16. 2005..Hence, a live, attenuated monovalent vaccine was developed with human strain RIX4414 (G1P1A P specificity). Vaccination trials involving infants are ongoing in developed and developing countries...
- An update of paediatric intussusception incidence in Singapore: 1997-2007, 11 years of intussusception surveillanceNancy Tan
Department of Paediatrics, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 38:690-2. 2009..This paper presents IS surveillance data from Singapore between 1997 and 2007, including the period between November 2005 and December 2007 when rotavirus vaccines (primarily Rotarix) were available to newborns in Singapore...
- A hospital-based surveillance of rotavirus gastroenteritis in children <5 years of age in SingaporeKong Boo Phua
From the Departments of Pediatrics and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, India Emergent BioSolutions and GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines Pvt Ltd, Singapore
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:e426-31. 2013..These vaccines are optional and are not included in the National Childhood Immunization Program. This study aimed to determine the incidence of rotavirus gastroenteritis-associated hospitalizations among children <5 years of age...