Hsien H Khoo
- Life cycle assessment of EPS and CPB inserts: design considerations and end of life scenariosReginald B H Tan
Chemical and Environmental Engineering Department, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119260
J Environ Manage 74:195-205. 2005..The SimaPro LCA Version 5.0 software's Eco-indicator 99 method is used to investigate the following five environmental impact categories: climate change, acidification/eutrophication, ecotoxicity, fossil fuels and respiratory inorganics...
- Impact assessment of waste management options in SingaporeReginald B H Tan
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 56:244-54. 2006..Out of all the waste strategies, the recycling of wastes offers the best solution for environmental protection and improved human health for the nation. Significant emission savings can be realized through recycling...
- Bioenergy co-products derived from microalgae biomass via thermochemical conversion--life cycle energy balances and CO2 emissionsH H Khoo
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, 1 Pesek Road, Jurong Island, 627833 Singapore
Bioresour Technol 143:298-307. 2013..With the complete life cycle process chain factored in, the energy balances of NEBLCA increased to 1.67 MJ/MJ (bio-oil) and 7.01 MJ/MJ (gas). Energy efficiencies and the life cycle CO2 emissions were also calculated...
- Projecting the environmental profile of Singapore's landfill activities: Comparisons of present and future scenarios based on LCAHsien H Khoo
Institute of Chem and Engr Sciences, 1 Pesek Road, Jurong Island, Singapore 627833, Singapore
Waste Manag 32:890-900. 2012..Model limitations and suggestions for improvements were also discussed...
- Life cycle investigation of CO2 recovery and sequestrationHsien H Khoo
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, 1 Pesek Road, Jurong Island, Singapore
Environ Sci Technol 40:4016-24. 2006....
- Life cycle impact assessment of various waste conversion technologiesHsien H Khoo
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, Jurong Island 627833, Singapore
Waste Manag 29:1892-900. 2009..The least favorable - highest environmental impact as well as highest costs - are the thermal cracking gasification of granulated MSW and the gasification of tyres...
- Food waste conversion options in Singapore: environmental impacts based on an LCA perspectiveHsien H Khoo
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, Jurong Island, Singapore, Singapore
Sci Total Environ 408:1367-73. 2010..By making full use of the AD's Recycling Phase II process alone, the Singapore Green Plan's 2012 aim to increase the recycling of food waste to 30% can easily be achieved, along with reduced global warming impacts...
- Life cycle energy and CO2 analysis of microalgae-to-biodiesel: preliminary results and comparisonsH H Khoo
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, 1 Pesek Road, Jurong Island 627833, Singapore
Bioresour Technol 102:5800-7. 2011..3 MJ per MJ biodiesel); and heating value of biodiesel (42 MJ/kg). The life cycle energy requirements dropped significantly by about 60%. The results are compared with other published case studies from other countries...