- Induced pluripotent stem cells and human diseaseAlan Colman
Wolfson Centre for Age Related Disease, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, UK
Cell Stem Cell 3:236-7. 2008
- Induced pluripotent stem cells and the stability of the differentiated stateAlan Colman
Institute of Medical Biology, Immunos, Singapore
EMBO Rep 10:714-21. 2009..Here, we highlight the recent progress, and the implications of this work for our understanding of the relationship between the pluripotent and more differentiated cell states...
- Pluripotent stem cells and disease modelingAlan Colman
Institute of Medical Biology, Singapore, Singapore
Cell Stem Cell 5:244-7. 2009..hESCs and hiPSCs carrying genetic defects can now be produced to model diseases in vitro. We suggest several guiding principles to help ensure an optimal fit between technology and disease...
- Stem cell research in SingaporeAlan Colman
Singapore Stem Cell Consortium, A STAR Institute of Medical Biology, Singapore 138648
Cell 132:519-21. 2008..Singapore is investing heavily in stem cell research. This investment is part of an ambitious biomedical science initiative designed to enhance its thriving economy...
- Chemically defined medium supporting cardiomyocyte differentiation of human embryonic stem cellsXiu Qin Xu
ES Cell International Pte Ltd, 60 Biopolis St 01 03 Genome, Singapore 138672, Republic of Singapore
Differentiation 76:958-70. 2008..This study represents a significant step toward developing scalable production for cardiomyocytes from hESC using clinically compliant reagents compatible with Good Manufacturing Practice...
- Survival and maturation of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes in rat heartsWangde Dai
The Heart Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital, University of Southern California, 1225 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90017 2395, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 43:504-16. 2007..However, hESC-derived cells did not escape immune surveillance in the xenograft setting in that they elicited a rejection phenomenon in immune competent rats...
- ES Cell International & regenerative medicineAlan Colman
ES Cell International, Helios, Singapore
Regen Med 1:287-91. 2006..However with demographic changes towards an aging population in the richer countries, leading to growing demands of ways to combat degenerative disease, science would be remiss not to explore every potential medical solution...
- The generation of six clinical-grade human embryonic stem cell linesJeremy Micah Crook
Cell Stem Cell 1:490-4. 2007
- Cell therapy and the safety of embryonic stem cell-derived graftsHannes Hentze
ES Cell International, 11 Biopolis Way, 05 06 Helios Building, 138667 Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Trends Biotechnol 25:24-32. 2007..It is this final safety issue that will form the focus of this review...
- Repressed by a NuRDJeremy M Crook
Nat Cell Biol 8:212-4. 2006