- Second derivative of the finger arterial pressure waveform: an insight into dynamics of the peripheral arterial pressure pulse
Third Department of Internal Medicine, First School of Medicine, General University Hospital, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 54:505-13. 2005
..001 and 0.021, respectively). Therefore, B/A and C/A provide additional information about simple clinical characteristics and might reflect the structural alteration of the arterial wall in hypertensive subjects...
- Pulse wave analysis during supine rest may identify subjects with recurrent vasovagal syncope
Third Department of Internal Medicine, General University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Sci (Lond) 109:165-70. 2005
..These results suggest that FAP descriptors during supine rest might be useful in the diagnosis of VVS in middle-aged subjects...
- Cross-spectral analysis of heart rate and blood pressure modulations
Third Department of Internal Medicine, First Medical School, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 23:1425-30. 2000
..1 seconds. The study concludes that the appropriate, and not always easy, selection of the frequency of maximum coherence between BP and HR oscillation is crucial for an accurate cross-spectral assessment of baroreflex sensitivity...
- Both fenofibrate and atorvastatin improve vascular reactivity in combined hyperlipidaemia (fenofibrate versus atorvastatin trial--FAT)
Third Department of Medicine, Charles University, First School of Medicine and General University Hospital, Unemocnice 1, 2, 128 08, Prague, Czech Republic
Cardiovasc Res 52:290-8. 2001
..Therefore, we conducted a trial in which the effects of fenofibrate and atorvastatin monotherapy on both endothelium-dependent vascular reactivity and biochemical parameters were compared in patients with combined hyperlipidaemia...
- Distribution of mean cycle length in cavo-tricuspid isthmus dependent atrial flutter
Second Department of Medicine Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and General University Hospital in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 61:43-51. 2012
..In conclusions, the distribution of AFL CL is not normal. The prevalence of AFL with short CL is low. Short CL<200 ms does not rule out the CTI-dependent AFL, especially in young and otherwise healthy patients...
- [Heart rate turbulence--a new ECG predictor for risk of sudden death]
III interní klinika 1 lékarské fakulty UK a VFN, Praha
Vnitr Lek 48:150-4. 2002
..The aim of this review is to summarise the current knowledge on pathophysiological mechanisms of HRT and to discuss practical problem of its detection...