- Cross-sectional analysis of late HAART initiation in Latin America and the Caribbean: late testers and late presenters
Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
PLoS ONE 6:e20272. 2011
..Data from Latin America and the Caribbean is still lacking. Our main objective was to determine the frequency, risk factors and trends in time for being late HAART initiator (LHI) in this region...
- Prospective, randomized, open label trial of Efavirenz vs Lopinavir/Ritonavir in HIV+ treatment-naive subjects with CD4+<200 cell/mm3 in Mexico
Department of Infectious Diseases, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:582-8. 2010
..To compare the efficacy of efavirenz (EFV) vs lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) in combination with azidothymidine/lamivudine in antiretroviral therapy naive, HIV+ individuals presenting for care with CD4 counts <200/mm...
- Effectiveness of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) among HIV-infected patients in Mexico
Department of Infectious Diseases, HIV AIDS Clinic, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:373-8. 2010
..Implementation of NGP for HAART access in a specialized care setting in Mexico resulted in an excellent virologic response. Younger age was a significant risk factor for VF...
- The Changing Clinical Spectrum of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)-Related Oral Lesions in 1,000 Consecutive Patients: A 12-Year Study in a Referral Center in Mexico
Universidad Autónoma Metroploitana Xochimilco, Mexico City, Mexico
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:39-50. 2003
- Multiple sclerosis typical clinical and MRI findings in a patient with HIV infection
Department of Neurology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Seccion XVI, Tlalpan, 14000 Mexico City, DF, Mexico
J Neurovirol 17:504-8. 2011
..Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a demyelinating disease seldom included in the differential diagnosis of leukoencephalopathy in HIV-positive patients...
- Different baseline characteristics and different outcomes of HIV-infected patients receiving HAART through clinical trials compared with routine care in Mexico
Department of Infectious Diseases, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:155-60. 2012
..The efficacy of antiretroviral therapy (ART) has been established through clinical trials (CTs). However, selection bias and differences can limit their applicability to the general population...
- Efficacy and safety of maraviroc versus efavirenz, both with zidovudine/lamivudine: 96-week results from the MERIT study
Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, CIFBIOTEC Medica Sur, Tlalpan, Mexico
HIV Clin Trials 11:125-32. 2010
..Post hoc analyses previously assessed week 48 outcomes in patients rescreened with R5 virus by a more sensitive tropism assay...
- High prevalence of late diagnosis of HIV in Mexico during the HAART era
Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion, Salvador Zubiran, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 54:506-14. 2012
- Oral lesions as clinical markers of highly active antiretroviral therapy failure: a nested case-control study in Mexico City
Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Infect Dis 45:925-32. 2007
..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the usefulness of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-related oral lesions as clinical predictors of virological failure in HIV-infected patients receiving HAART...
- Metabolic acidosis and hepatic steatosis in two HIV-infected patients on stavudine (d4T) treatment
Departamento de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 34:64-9. 2003
..It is important to report serious adverse events in commercially released drugs to know prevalence in an exposed population. Physicians should be aware of risk and early signs of this serious adverse event...
- Changing risk factors for HIV infection
Departamento de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología INCan, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 33:61-6. 2002
..HIV infection in women is a growing problem in developing countries. Risk factors for HIV infection vary from country to country and may change with time...
- [Antiretroviral treatment guide for adult people living with HIV/AIDS]
Luis E Soto-Ramirez
Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, DF
Rev Invest Clin 56:253-71. 2004