- Valve in valve implantation to prevent acute prosthetic valve migration in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, MIOT International Hospital, Chennai, India Electronic address
Indian Heart J 67:598-9. 2015
..There was migration of first valve after deployment and therefore to prevent further migration to the left ventricle, a new TAVI valve was deployed jailing the first valve. ..
- Typical takotsubo cardiomyopathy in suspected ST elevation myocardial infarction patients admitted for primary percutaneous coronary intervention
Department of Cardiology, The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Essex, United Kingdom Electronic address
Eur J Intern Med 25:132-6. 2014
..We aimed to analyse the prevalence of typical TCM in patients admitted for primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PPCI) with suspected ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) to a single tertiary centre in United Kingdom...
- The advantages of a consultant led primary percutaneous coronary intervention service on patient outcome
Department of Cardiology, The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Basildon, Essex SS16 5NL, UK
QJM 106:989-94. 2013
..Mortality among emergency medical admissions has been reported to be higher when patients are admitted to hospital at nights and weekends...
- Comparison of bivalirudin with heparin versus abciximab with heparin for primary percutaneous coronary intervention in "Real World" practice
Department of Cardiology, The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Basildon, United Kingdom Electronic address
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 14:289-93. 2013
- Antiplatelet and antithrombin strategies in acute coronary syndrome: state-of-the-art review
The Department of Cardiology, The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom SS16, NL
Curr Cardiol Rev 8:239-49. 2012
- Chest pain with ST segment elevation in a patient with prosthetic aortic valve infective endocarditis: a case report
Department of Medicine, Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, Magdala Avenue, London, N19 5NF, UK
J Med Case Reports 5:408. 2011
- Infective endocarditis in a parachute-like asymmetrical mitral valve
The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Nethermayne, Basildon, UK
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:476-8. 2009
..She underwent a prosthetic mitral valve replacement with a 21 mm ATS mechanical valve...
- Autonomic dysreflexia; a medical emergency
Department of Cardiac and Vascular Sciences, St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
J R Soc Med 100:382-3. 2007
- Amiodarone induced thrombophlebitis
Department of Cardiology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, West Smithfield, London, UK
Emerg Med J 23:660. 2006
- Should primary percutaneous coronary intervention be the routine reperfusion strategy in octogenarians presenting with ST elevation myocardial infarction?
aDepartment of Cardiology, The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Essex bAnglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, UK
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 15:53-9. 2014
..An observational study was performed to evaluate the outcome of PPCI in patients of at least 80 years of age who were admitted to our unit...
- "Incidental findings" during TAVI work-up: more than just an inconvenience
Department of Cardiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, United Kingdom
EuroIntervention 11:465-9. 2015
..To characterise the clinical course of patients who had incidental findings on the CT aortogram (CTA) done as a transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) work-up investigation...
- Rosuvastatin calcium in acute coronary syndromes
Rajesh K Aggarwal
Basildon University Hospital, Essex Cardiothoracic Centre, Cardiology, Basildon, UK
Expert Opin Pharmacother 14:1215-27. 2013
..Rosuvastatin is the most potent of the currently available statins and has some unique pharmacological properties that may be advantageous in such patients...