Affiliation: Shire BioChem Inc
- Individual treatment response in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: broadening perspectives and improving assessmentsPaul Hodgkins
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development, LLC, 725 Chesterbrook Boulevard, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 13:425-33. 2013....
- Impact of MMX® mesalamine on improvement and maintenance of health-related quality of life in patients with ulcerative colitisPaul Hodgkins
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development LLC, Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:386-96. 2013..The current study examined the burden of disease and the impact of daily multimatrix (MMX®) mesalamine treatment on HRQoL for patients with active or quiescent mild-to-moderate UC...
- A systematic review and analysis of long-term outcomes in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: effects of treatment and non-treatmentMonica Shaw
Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Ltd, Basingstoke, UK
BMC Med 10:99. 2012....
- Amfetamine and methylphenidate medications for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: complementary treatment optionsPaul Hodgkins
Shire Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 21:477-92. 2012....
- Patient preferences for first-line oral treatment for mild-to-moderate ulcerative colitis: a discrete-choice experimentPaul Hodgkins
Global Health Economics Outcomes Research, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, PA, USA
Patient 5:33-44. 2012..Patients with ulcerative colitis (UC) frequently require long-term therapy to prevent relapse. Treatments such as 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA [mesalazine]) are efficacious and well tolerated, but adherence to treatment is often poor...
- Does switching from oral extended-release methylphenidate to the methylphenidate transdermal system affect health-related quality-of-life and medication satisfaction for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder?Oscar G Bukstein
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:39. 2009....
- Treatment outcomes with methylphenidate formulations among patients with ADHD: retrospective claims analysis of a managed care populationPaul Hodgkins
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development Inc, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:53-62. 2011..Describe treatment patterns, resource use, and predictors of methylphenidate (MPH) switch among children (6-12 years), adolescents (13-17 years), and adults (≥ 18 years) with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Pharmacologic treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children: incidence, prevalence, and treatment patterns in the NetherlandsPaul Hodgkins
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development Inc, Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087 5637, USA
Clin Ther 33:188-203. 2011....
- Comparative treatment patterns, resource utilization, and costs in stimulant-treated children with ADHD who require subsequent pharmacotherapy with atypical antipsychotics versus non-antipsychoticsVanja Sikirica
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development LLC, 725 Chesterbrook Blvd, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 18:676-89. 2012..The treatment patterns, resource utilization, and costs associated with AAPs relative to non-antipsychotic medications have not been evaluated for children with ADHD. ..
- Identifying patient subgroups who benefit most from a treatment: using administrative claims data to uncover treatment heterogeneityM Haim Erder
Shire Development LLC, Wayne, PA, USA
J Med Econ 15:1078-87. 2012..An example application is based on two treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): osmotic-release oral system methylphenidate (OROS-MPH) and lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX)...
- Treatment stabilization in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: data from the NetherlandsRahul Sasane
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 26:2565-74. 2010....
- Cost Effectiveness of Guanfacine Extended-Release versus Atomoxetine for the Treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Application of a Matching-Adjusted Indirect ComparisonM Haim Erder
Shire Development LLC, Wayne, PA, USA
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 10:381-95. 2012..075-0.12 mg/kg/day) was more effective than ATX (1.2 mg/kg/day) in the trial population. The CEA results indicate that GXR is cost effective compared with ATX for the treatment of ADHD in children and adolescents...
- The pharmacology and clinical outcomes of amphetamines to treat ADHD: does composition matter?Paul Hodgkins
Shire Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, PA, USA
CNS Drugs 26:245-68. 2012....
- Cost effectiveness of guanfacine extended release as an adjunctive therapy to a stimulant compared with stimulant monotherapy for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescentsVanja Sikirica
Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Shire Development LLC, 725 Chesterbrook Boulevard, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 30:e1-15. 2012..However, approximately 30% of children with ADHD do not have an optimal response to a single stimulant and may require adjunctive therapy...
- A systematic review of global publication trends regarding long-term outcomes of ADHDPaul Hodgkins
Shire Development Inc, Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research Wayne, PA, USA
Front Psychiatry 2:84. 2011..This systematic review analysis of publication trends in ADHD LTOs reflects geographically based interests that change over time...