- The effects of nefazodone on women with seasonal affective disorder: clinical and polysomnographic analyses
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, University Health Network, Toronto, ON
J Psychiatry Neurosci 30:11-6. 2005
..To outline the clinical and polysomnographic changes induced by nefazodone in patients with seasonal affective disorder...
- Excessive daytime sleepiness and fatigue in depressed patients and therapeutic response of a sedating antidepressant
Sleep Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Affect Disord 134:421-6. 2011
..The main objective of this study was to investigate the therapeutic effects of a sedating antidepressant on sleepiness and fatigue in patients with depression...
- Hydroxylapatite-coated acetabular shells with arc deposited titanium surface roughening and dual radius design
William L Jaffe
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 65:257-62. 2007
..Intermediate results with the AD HA shells are encouraging, as evidenced by clinical success, radiographic stability, and 100% survi- vorship at 5 to 8 years (mean, 66 months)...
- Sleepiness is not the inverse of alertness: evidence from four sleep disorder patient groups
Henry J Moller
Sleep Research Unit, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5T 2S8
Exp Brain Res 173:258-66. 2006
..The specific primary sleep disorder diagnosis may play a relevant role in mitigating this interrelationship...
- Polysomnographic and symptomatological analyses of major depressive disorder patients treated with mirtazapine
Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 51:27-34. 2006
- Measurements of sleepiness and fatigue
Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Psychosom Res 69:81-9. 2010
..Establishing objective assessing instruments to evaluate fatigue and clarifying the relationship between objective and subjective assessments of sleepiness are crucially needed...
- Molecular dynamics simulations on SDF-1alpha: binding with CXCR4 receptor
Center for Drug Discovery and Design, State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P R China
Biophys J 84:171-84. 2003
..Based on the modeling and simulation, a binding mechanism hypothesis between CXCR4 and SDF-1alpha and its relationship to the signal transduction has been proposed...
- Acupuncture increases nocturnal melatonin secretion and reduces insomnia and anxiety: a preliminary report
D Warren Spence
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:19-28. 2004
..004) anxiety scores were also found. These objective findings are consistent with clinical reports of acupuncture's relaxant effects. Acupuncture treatment may be of value for some categories of anxious patients with insomnia...
- Use of an alumina-on-alumina bearing system in total hip arthroplasty for osteonecrosis of the hip
Thorsten M Seyler
Center for Joint Preservation and Reconstruction, Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, 2401 West Belvedere Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:116-25. 2006