- An unusual clinical presentation of a rare renal tumour
New York Hospital Queens, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Flushing, NY 11355, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1713-5. 2010
..Ten years later, the slow-growing metastatic leiomyosarcoma developed into a lung mass...
- A limited form of Churg-Strauss syndrome presenting without asthma and eosinophilia
Bhavneesh K Sharma
G 4 D, DDA Flats, Munirka, New Delhi 110067, India
Med J Aust 181:498-9. 2004
..We report a young woman presenting with digital gangrene, paranasal sinusitis, mononeuritis multiplex, and rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis without asthma and eosinophilia - an extremely rare variant of this disease...
- Effect of omeprazole and domperidone on adult asthmatics with gastroesophageal reflux
Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, State University of New York, Brooklyn, New York 11212, USA
World J Gastroenterol 13:1706-10. 2007
..To study the effect of combined omeprazole (Ome) and domperidone (Dom) therapy on asthma symptoms and pulmonary function in asthmatics with gastroesophageal reflux...
- Sleep in congestive heart failure
Division of Sleep Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street Asb1, Boston, MA 02115 6106, USA
Med Clin North Am 94:447-64. 2010
..Periodic limb movements are also common in CHF...
- Evaluation of right ventricular remodeling using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in co-existent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea
Division of Sleep Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
COPD 10:4-10. 2013
..65, p = 0.03). Our pilot results suggest that untreated overlap syndrome may cause more extensive RV remodeling than COPD alone...
- Obstructive airway disease and obstructive sleep apnea: effect of pulmonary function
Division of Sleep Medicine, Harvard Medical School Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lung 189:37-41. 2011
..However, the high prevalence of OSA in OAD patients appears to be due to obesity, and reduced pulmonary function is not an independent risk factor for OSA...
- T1 measurements for detection of expansion of the myocardial extracellular volume in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Tomas G Neilan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital Cardiac MR PET CT Program, Division of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Can J Cardiol 30:1668-75. 2014
..We aimed to assess whether chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is associated with expansion of the myocardial extracellular volume (ECV) using T1 measurements...
- Kartagener's syndrome associated with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis
Department of Internal Medicine, Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
MedGenMed 7:25. 2005
- Sleep disordered breathing in patients with heart failure: pathophysiology and management
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 221 Longwood Avenue, BLI 035M, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med 13:506-16. 2011
- Effect of esmolol on oxidant status and antioxidant activity in acute myocardial infarction
M K Daga
Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak and GB Pant Hospitals, New Delhi 110 002
J Assoc Physicians India 51:677-80. 2003
..In this study, the clinical and antioxidant effects of esmolol, an ultra-short acting beta blocker in patients of acute MI was studied...
- Effects of exogenous vitamin E supplementation on the levels of oxidants and antioxidants in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
M K Daga
Department of Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Hospitals, New Delhi 110 002, India
J Biosci 28:7-11. 2003
..However, inclusion of larger number of patients and supple mentation with vitamin E for longer periods may throw more light on free radical injury and protective effects of antioxidants...