- Prevalence, risk factors, and management of seroma formation after breast approach endoscopic thyroidectomy
Cheng Xiang Shan
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Chang Zheng Hospital Affiliated to Second Military Medical University, No 415 Fengyang Road, Shanghai, 200003, China
World J Surg 34:1817-22. 2010
..Chronic formation of seromas could substantially compromise the esthetic outcome of BAET. We evaluated the prevalence, risk factors, and treatments of seroma after BAET...
- Current status of endoscopic thyroid surgery in China
18F Minimally Invasive Surgical Center of Changzheng Hospital affiliated to Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 21:67-71. 2011
..Surgical stress was not significantly increased despite the larger subcutaneous dissection. BAET to treat malignancy is feasible, but larger series and longer follow-up are warranted before its widespread acceptance...
- The learning curve for endoscopic thyroidectomy: a single surgeon's experience
18 F Minimally Invasive Surgical Center, Changzheng Hospital, Fengyang Road 415, Shanghai, 200003, China
Surg Endosc 23:1802-6. 2009
..Related studies still are needed to make up for the deficiency of clinical experience. Research on the learning curve for the endoscopic thyroidectomy could be the method for investigating the operation experience...
- Routine central neck dissection in differentiated thyroid carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Cheng Xiang Shan
Department of General Surgery, Chang Zheng Hospital Affiliated to Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Laryngoscope 122:797-804. 2012
..The role of central neck dissection (CND) remains controversial in differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC)...
- New technique for retraction of the strap muscles in endoscopic thyroidectomy
Changzheng Hospital, Shanghai, China
Surg Innov 18:141-4. 2011
..To solve this problem, the authors have developed a new technique for retraction of the strap muscles perfected during 500 cases of breast-approach endoscopic thyroidectomy...
- Evidence-based appraisal in laparoscopic Nissen and Toupet fundoplications for gastroesophageal reflux disease
Cheng Xiang Shan
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200003, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:3063-71. 2010
..To demonstrate the optimal surgical procedure for gastroesophageal reflux disease...
- A meta-analysis of short-term outcomes of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and BMI ≤ 35 kg/m2 undergoing Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
Wen sheng Rao
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, affiliated to the Second Military Medical University, 415 Fengyang Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, 200003, China
World J Surg 39:223-30. 2015
..In the last decade, the effect of bariatric procedures on metabolic outcomes in individuals who underwent surgery outside National Institutes of Health (NIH) guidelines (BMI ≤ 35 kg/m(2)) was both interesting and controversial...
- Does the hepatic branch of vagus mediate the secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 during the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery?
Nian Cun Qiu
Department of General Surgery, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, 200003, China
J Gastrointest Surg 18:1957-64. 2014
..The purpose of this study is to investigate the impact of the hepatic branch of the vagus and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) on the level of fasting and postprandial serum glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) in type 2 diabetic mellitus rats...