- NOX4 activity is determined by mRNA levels and reveals a unique pattern of ROS generation
Foundation for Medical Research, University of Geneva, 64 av de la Roseraie, 1205, Geneva, Switzerland
Biochem J 406:105-14. 2007
..In conclusion, NOX4 has a distinct pharmacology and pattern of ROS generation. The close correlation between NOX4 mRNA and ROS generation might hint towards a function as an inducible NOX isoform...
- NOX5 is expressed at the plasma membrane and generates superoxide in response to protein kinase C activation
Foundation for Medical Research, University of Geneva, 64 av de la Roseraie, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Biochimie 89:1159-67. 2007
..In summary, we demonstrate that NOX5 can be found intracellularly and at the cell surface. We also describe that it can be activated through protein kinase C, in addition to its Ca(2+) activation...
- A key role for the microglial NADPH oxidase in APP-dependent killing of neurons
Biology of Ageing Laboratory, Department of Geriatrics, Geneva University Hospitals, 2 chemin Petit Bel Air, 1225 Chene Bourg, Geneva, Switzerland
Neurobiol Aging 27:1577-87. 2006
..These results suggest that APP-dependent microglia activation and subsequent ROS generation by the phagocyte NADPH oxidase play a crucial role in neuronal killing in a cellular model of AD...
- Expression and activity of NOX5 in the circulating malignant B cells of hairy cell leukemia
Aura S Kamiguti
Department of Hematology, Royal Liverpool Hospital, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Immunol 175:8424-30. 2005
..This allows the inactivation of SHP-1 by NOX5-generated ROS and contributes to the maintenance of the constitutive activation of HCs...
- Synaptotagmin II could confer Ca(2+) sensitivity to phagocytosis in human neutrophils
I Maria Lindmark
Division of Medical Microbiology IMK, Linkoping University, SE 581 85, Linkoping, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1590:159-66. 2002
..Under calcium-reduced conditions, neither synaptotagmin II nor LAMP-1 translocated to the phagosome. We therefore suggest a role for synaptotagmin II as calcium-sensor during phagocytosis and secretion in neutrophils...
- T cell contact-mediated activation of respiratory burst in human polymorphonuclear leukocytes is inhibited by high-density lipoproteins and involves CD18
Division of Immunology and Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Leukoc Biol 77:52-8. 2005
..The present results emphasize the importance of direct cell-cell contact with stimulated T cells in inflammatory processes...
- The NADPH oxidase NOX4 drives cardiac differentiation: Role in regulating cardiac transcription factors and MAP kinase activation
Laboratory of Biology of Aging, Department of Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, Geneva University Hospitals, 1225 Chene Bourg, Switzerland
Mol Biol Cell 17:3978-88. 2006
..Our results provide first molecular evidence that the NOX family of NADPH oxidases regulate vertebrate developmental processes...