Affiliation: University of Belgrade
Country: Serbia and Montenegro
- The diagnosis of dementia is unspecified--report of a pilot survey of dementia in belgradeElka Stefanova
Institute of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Gerontology 50:260-1. 2004
- Clinical characteristics of paroxysmal nonkinesigenic dyskinesia in Serbian family with Myofibrillogenesis regulator 1 gene mutationElka Stefanova
Institute of Neurology Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Mov Disord 21:2010-5. 2006..Sleep was the most reliable factor to discontinue an attack. This Serbian family further demonstrates that recurrent MR-1 mutations are associated with PNKD worldwide, which will affect genetic testing...
- Suicide and suicidal ideation in Parkinson's diseaseVladimir S Kostic
Institute of Neurology CCS, School of Medicine, Belgrade, Serbia
J Neurol Sci 289:40-3. 2010..According to our data almost a quarter of PD patients had death and/or suicidal ideation, that may significantly influence their quality of life...
- Depression predicts the pattern of cognitive impairment in early Parkinson's diseaseElka Stefanova
Institute of Neurology CCS, Dr Subotica 6, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
J Neurol Sci 248:131-7. 2006..To estimate the pattern of cognitive impairment in early Parkinson's disease (PD) associated with depression. Also, the prediction of potentially relevant demographic/clinical factors in early PD on cognitive functioning was tested...
- A common polymorphism in the brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene in patients with adult-onset primary focal and segmental dystoniaMarina V Svetel
Clinic of Neurology CCS, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Dr Subotica Starijeg 6, 11000, Belgrade, Serbia
Acta Neurol Belg 113:243-5. 2013..Patients with the Met variant did not differ by age at onset, number of affected regions, and efficacy of a sensory trick. Met66Met is not associated with an increased risk of dystonia. ..
- Impaired insulin sensitivity and secretion in normoglycemic patients with spinocerebellar ataxia type 1Nebojsa M Lalic
Clinical Center of Serbia, Institute for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Belgrade, Serbia
Mov Disord 25:1976-80. 2010..001 and P < 0.05, respectively). Our data suggested an impairment in insulin secretion capacity, as well as simultaneous decrease in insulin sensitivity, with an increase in insulin resistance level in patients with SCA1...
- Fluoxetine does not impair motor function in patients with Parkinson's disease: correlation between mood and motor functions with plasma concentrations of fluoxetine/norfluoxetineVladimir Kostic
Clinic of Neurology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 69:1067-75. 2012..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are the most commonly chosen antidepressants in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD). The aim of our study was to assess the influence of fluoxetine (Flu) on motor functions in patients with PD...
- No association between brain-derived neurotrophic factor G196A polymorphism and clinical features of Parkinson's diseaseMarina Svetel
Clinic of Neurology CCS, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Eur Neurol 70:257-62. 2013..To investigate association of the Val66Met polymorphism in the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene with clinical features in Serbian patients with Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Screening for anxiety symptoms in Parkinson disease: a cross-sectional studyElka Stefanova
School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 26:34-40. 2013..Questionable validity of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (Fourth Edition) defined anxiety disorders in PD population as well as a lack of validated rating scales hampered the investigation in this field...
- Transcranial sonography in spinocerebellar ataxia type 2Milija Mijajlovic
Institute of Neurology, CCS Medical School, Ul Dr Subotić a 6, 11000, Belgrade, Serbia
J Neurol 255:1164-7. 2008....
- White matter lesions and depression in patients with Parkinson's diseaseIgor N Petrovic
Clinic for Neurology CCS, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia
J Neurol Sci 322:132-6. 2012..Our findings suggest that WMH in the deep white matter may contribute to depression in PD...
- Glucose homeostasis in Huntington disease: abnormalities in insulin sensitivity and early-phase insulin secretionNebojsa M Lalic
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Arch Neurol 65:476-80. 2008..Recent studies in neurodegenerative diseases suggested that insulin resistance constitutes a metabolic stressor that interacts with a preexisting neurobiological template to induce a given disorder...
- Quality of life in Serbian patients with Parkinson's diseaseLjubomir Ziropada
Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Qual Life Res 18:833-9. 2009..The Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire (PDQ-39) is a well-validated British scale for the assessment of health-related quality of life (QoL) in Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- [Reversible brain damage following acute poisoning with an organic solvent determined by magnetic resonance]Irena Dujmovic
Klinicki centar Srbije, Institut za neurologiju, Beograd, Srbija i Crna Gora
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:487-90. 2005..Acute exposure to the effects of volatile solvents is characterized by the abrupt onset of symptoms and signs of poisoning, and relatively fast recovery in the majority of cases...
- Genetic testing in familial and young-onset Alzheimer's disease: mutation spectrum in a Serbian cohortValerija Dobricić
Institute of Neurology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Neurobiol Aging 33:1481.e7-12. 2012..Interestingly, we identified one patient harboring two heterozygous mutations: one in APP (p.L723P) and one in PSEN1 (p.R108Q)...
- Serial position learning effects in patients with aneurysms of the anterior communicating arteryElka Stefanova
Institute of Neurology CCS, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 24:687-94. 2002....
- Frequency analysis and clinical characterization of different types of spinocerebellar ataxia in Serbian patientsNatasa T Dragasević
Institute of Neurology CCS, Medical School, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Mov Disord 21:187-91. 2006..Ataxia-causing mutations were identified in 8 (10.6%) of patients with apparently sporadic adult-onset ataxia...
- Preoperative assessment and preparation of patients with neurologic disordersIvan Palibrk
School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Acta Chir Iugosl 58:137-42. 2011..Several undiagnosed diseases may be disclosed following a surgical/anaesthetic intervention...
- Prolonged psychological stress suppresses cortisol secretionMilos Zarkovic
Institute of Endocrinology, Belgrade, Serbia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 59:811-6. 2003..Response to acute psychological stress is characterized by activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and the sympathetic nervous system. However, response to the prolonged psychological stress is less well known...
- Dopaminergic modulation of high-level cognition in Parkinson's disease: the role of the prefrontal cortex revealed by PETRoshan Cools
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Brain 125:584-94. 2002..These data suggest that L-dopa ameliorates high-level cognitive deficits in Parkinson's disease by inducing relative blood flow changes in the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex...
- Preference formation and working memory in Parkinson's disease and normal ageingSylvia M L Cox
Medical Research Council Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, 15 Chaucer Road, CB2 2EF, Cambridge, UK
Neuropsychologia 40:317-26. 2002..These results suggest that there is a developmental progression in the degree to which different mechanisms of 'learning to like' are important over the life span...