- The three zinc-containing alcohol dehydrogenases from baker's yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiaeVladimir Leskovac
Faculty of Technology, The University of Novi Sad, Bulevar Cara Lazara 1, 21000 Novi Sad, Yugoslavia
FEMS Yeast Res 2:481-94. 2002..Finally, the bio-organic chemistry of the hydride-transfer reactions catalyzed by the enzyme is covered: this chemistry explains the narrow substrate specificity and the enantioselectivity of the yeast enzyme...
- Deriving the rate equations for product inhibition patterns in bisubstrate enzyme reactionsVladimir Leskovac
Faculty of Technology, University of Novi Sad, Yugoslavia
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 21:617-34. 2006..The practical application of above product inhibition analysis was illustrated with three examples of yeast alcohol dehydrogenase-catalyzed reactions...
- A general method for the analysis of random bisubstrate enzyme mechanismsVladimir Leskovac
Faculty of Technology, Bulevar Cara Lazara 1, 21000, Novi Sad, Yugoslavia
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 31:155-60. 2004..0, 25 degrees C. It was found that this fully reversible reaction proceeds by a steady-state random Bi-Bi mechanism, whereby both dead-end complexes are formed...
- Bioorganic mechanisms of the formation of free radicals catalyzed by glucose oxidaseSvetlana Trivic
Faculty of Science Novi Sad, Yugoslavia
Bioorg Chem 30:95-106. 2002..Under optimal conditions, free radicals are stable for several minutes in aqueous solutions under physiological conditions...
- The chemical mechanism of action of glucose oxidase from Aspergillus nigerGerd Wohlfahrt
Orion Corporation, Orion Pharma, Espoo, Finland
Mol Cell Biochem 260:69-83. 2004..It was estimated that the pKa of Glu412 (bound to His559) in the free reduced enzyme is 3.4, and the pKa of His516 in the free reduced enzyme is 6.9...
- Inactivation of cytochrome-c with glucose oxidaseVladimir Leskovac
Faculty of Technology Novi Sad, Bulevar Cara Lazara 1, YU 21000 Novi Sad
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 19:169-74. 2004..The initial rate of reaction is almost independent of the concentration of enzyme and glucose. The striking feature of this reaction is the fact that the reaction proceeds efficiently even below a concentration of 10 nM enzyme...