Organization: Klinicki centar
Country: Serbia and Montenegro
- [Stromal tumor of colon--case report]Dijana Nićiforović
Institut za radiologiju, Klinicki centar Vojvodine, Novi Sad
Med Pregl 61:639-42. 2008..Gastrointestinal stromal tumor is relatively new term, it can be localized anywhere inside the gastrointestinal system. It has formerly been called leiomyoma, leiomyoblastoma, and/or leiomyosarcoma...
- In vitro assay for the quantitative measurement of apoptotic lymphocytes phagocytosis by peripheral blood monocytesS Popovic
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kragujevac, Svetozara Markovica 69, 34000 Kragujevac, Serbia
Acta Physiol Hung 93:325-33. 2006..Here we offer a simple test which enables reliable measurement and it can show the difference of phagocytic potential between different individuals...
- An experimental, non-uremic rabbit model of peritoneal dialysisS Zunic-Bozinovski
Institute of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Physiol Res 57:253-60. 2008..This model is reproducible and can be used to analyze the effects of different dialysis solutions on the rabbit peritoneal membrane...
- [The role of increased levels of homocysteine in the development of cardiovascular diseases]Zoran Ceperković
Interno odeljenje Vrnjacka Banja, Vrnjacka Banja
Med Pregl 59:143-7. 2006..Dysfunction of certain enzymes or insufficient intake of nutrients may cause increase of intracellular homocysteine, which is then exported into plasma...
- [Clinical significance of risk factors control in prevention of chronic renal failure progression]Biljana Stojimirovic
Klinicki centar Srbije, Institut za urologiju i nefrologiju, Beograd, Srbija i Crna Gora
Vojnosanit Pregl 63:585-91. 2006
- Hydrothermal synthesis and nanostructure of carbonated calcium hydroxyapatiteV Jokanovic
Institute of Nuclear Sciences Vinca, Beograd, Serbia and Montenegro
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:539-46. 2006....
- [Dobutamine stress echocardiography in distinguishing ischemic from nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy]Vladimir Miloradovic
Klinicko bolnicki centar, Kragujevac, Interna klinika
Med Pregl 58:541-7. 2005..Detection of regional wall motion abnormalities at rest does not reliably distinguish ischemic from nonischemic cardiomyopathy...
- The Belgrade childhood diabetes study - comparison of children with type 1 diabetes with their siblingsHristina Vlajinac
Institute of Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Belgrade University, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:238-43. 2006..The results obtained in this study of siblings supports the hypothesis that environmental factors play a role in the development of Type 1 diabetes...
- Characteristics of decision-making process during prescribing in general practiceNatasa D Dordević
Medical Faculty, University of Kragujevac, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Vojnosanit Pregl 63:279-85. 2006....
- [Endothelial dysfunction and diabetes]Edita Stokić
Klinicki centar Novi Sad, Institut za interne bolesti, Klinika za endokrinologiju, dijabetes i bolesti metabolizma
Med Pregl 58:459-64. 2005..The role of antioxidant therapy is controversial. No data have been published regarding the effects of hormonal replacement therapy on endothelial dysfunction in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes...
- Sister chromatid exchange and micronuclei in human peripheral blood lymphocytes treated with thyroxine in vitroNinoslav Djelic
Department of Biology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, Bul oslobodjenja 18, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Mutat Res 604:1-7. 2006..In conclusion, thyroxine exhibited weak clastogenic effects only at high concentrations. Therefore, effects in humans might appear in cases of acute thyroxine overdose...
- [The importance of aminotransferases and platelets count in non-invasive evaluation stages of chronic hepatitis C]Sladana Pavić
Department for Infectious Diseases, General Hospital, Uzice
Srp Arh Celok Lek 133:262-5. 2005..A liver biopsy was performed for every patient and stages of liver fibrosis were evaluated. Both parameters confirmed a positive correlation with liver fibrosis, which can be useful in predicting the progression of chronic hepatitis C...
- [The prevalence of hypertension and microalbuminuria in diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2]Olga Vasović
Institute for Gerontology, Home Treatment and Care, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 133:229-32. 2005....
- Results of the clinical examination of an ointment with marigold (Calendula officinalis) extract in the treatment of venous leg ulcersV Duran
Clinical Center, Dermatovenereological Clinic, Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro
Int J Tissue React 27:101-6. 2005..05). The results obtained are preliminary, but they suggest the positive effects of the ointment with marigold extract on venous ulcer epithelialization...
- Endometrical cancer metastases in the region of abdominal muscles and pelvic wallS Djurdjevic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Clinical Center of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro
J BUON 11:75-8. 2006..The patient is in good general condition with no evidence of disease 36 months following primary surgery...
- Coagulation status and the presence of postoperative deep vein thrombosis in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomyD J Milic
Surgical Clinic, Clinical Centre of Nis, Bulevar Z Djindjica 48, 18 000, Nis, Serbia
Surg Endosc 21:1588-92. 2007..This study aimed to determine the coagulation status and the presence of postoperative deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients undergoing laparoscopic (LC) and open cholecystectomy (OC)...
- [Neurosurgical treatment of pain]Eugen Slavik
Klinicki centar Srbije, Beograd, Institut za neurohirurgiju
Med Pregl 59:450-5. 2006..Surgical treatment of chronic pain includes destructive procedures (neurectomy, rhizotomy, sympathectomy), often referred to as ablative, and accompanied by high morbidity and mortality rates...
- [Recurrent respiratory infections with severely damaged lung functions--Kartagener's syndrome--case report]Ivan Cekerevac
Klincki centar Kragujevac, Interna klinika, Medicinski fakultet, Kragujevac
Med Pregl 61:295-8. 2008..Also, infections of the middle ear are common due to lack of ciliary movement in the Eustachian tube. Men have reduced fertility due to spermatozoa with absent motility or abnormalities in the ductuli efferentes...
- [Correlation between neurological finding and gestational maturity of newborns determined by neurosonography]Nevenka Ilic
Pedijatrijska ordinacija Cika Jova Zmaj, Kragujevac
Med Pregl 61:281-5. 2008..The aim of this investigation was to establish the gestational maturity of the nervous system by neurosonography and neurological status...
- [Left ventricular hypertrophy in patients on hemodialysis: importance of anemia]Biljana Stojimirovic
Institut za urologiju i nefrologiju, Klinika za nefrologiju, Klinicki centar Srbije, Beograd
Med Pregl 60:155-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the impact of anemia in the development of left ventricular hypertrophy, and correlation between anemia and echocardiographic parameters for the assessment of left ventricular hypertrophy...
- Lichen planus-like dermatosis with Blaschko line distribution: a case reportSlobodan Stojanović
Medical Faculty of Novi Sad, University of Novi Sad, Clinic for Dermatovenerologic Diseases, Vojvodina Medical Center, 21 000 Novi Sad, Hajduk Veljkova 1 3, Serbia
Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Panonica Adriat 17:137-8. 2008..This distinction should be made in cases with isolated lesions, such as the case presented here...
- [Pain indicators in newborns]Slobodan Spasojevic
Institut za zdravstvenu zastitu dece i omladine Vojvodine, Novi Sad
Med Pregl 61:37-42. 2008....
- Hypoglossal artery: a review of normal and pathological featuresLjiljana Vasovic
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nis, Blvd Dr Zoran Dindić 81, 18000 Nis, Serbia
Neurosurg Rev 31:385-95; discussion 395-6. 2008..The aim of this review is to document the hypoglossal artery developmental morphology, as well as the normal anatomical and clinical aspects and better understanding of its persistence overall significance...
- [Long QT syndrome: genetic implications and drug influence]Natasa Savic
Institut za zdravstvenu zastitu majke i deteta Dr Vukan Cupić, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 65:308-12. 2008
- [Australian medical mission with the Serbian Army at the Salonika front]Vukasin Antić
Bolnica Vranje, Hirurgija, Vranje, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 65:179-83. 2008
- [The influence of Helicobacter pylori infection on the occurance of gastroesophageal reflux in patients with renal insufficiency]Radojica Stolic
Medicinski fakultet, Interna klinika, Kragujevac, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:819-22. 2007..The aim of the study was to establish the influence of Helicobacter pylori infection on the occurrence of gastroesophageal reflux in patients with different stages of renal insufficiency...
- [Developmental parameters and vitality of newborn infants in the period 1991-2002 in the health centre in Subotica]Jasmina Durković
Zdravstveni centar Subotica Opsta bolnica, Odsek za genetiku
Med Pregl 58:19-22. 2005....
- [Medical corps in the First Serbian-Turkish War 1876-1877]Vukasin M Antić
Vranjska bolnica, Hirursko odeljenje, Vranje, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:639-46. 2007
- Prothrombogenic factors and reduced antioxidative defense in children and adolescents with pre-metabolic and metabolic syndromeVesna Dimitrijevic-Sreckovic
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1140-4. 2007....
- Tension-free vaginal tape obturator system in the treatment of stress urinary incontinenceSrdan Durdević
Kliniki centar Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Klinika za ginekologiju i akuserstvo
Med Pregl 59:463-7. 2006..During 2005, 6 TVT tapes for stress urinary incontinence treatment were placed at the Clinic of Gynecology and Obstetrics in Novi Sad without any intra or post-operative complications...
- Outbreak of early syphilis in an institution for the care of adults with mental disordersH Vlajinac
Institute of Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Belgrade University, Serbia and Montenegro
Epidemiol Infect 134:585-8. 2006..Sporadic cases of syphilis have, however, continued to emerge from time to time. Institutions for patients with mental disorders are vulnerable to sexually transmitted diseases, and special strategies should be devised for their control...
- [Mortality rate of gastric cancer in the population of Belgrade for 1990-2002 period]Sandra Sipetic
Medicinski fakultet, Institut za epidemiologiju, Beograd, Srbija i Crna Gora
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:655-60. 2005..Worldwide, gastric cancer is the fourth leading cause of diseases, and the second leading cause of cancer deaths...
- Characterization of caprylocaproyl macrogolglycerides based microemulsion drug delivery vehicles for an amphiphilic drugLjiljana Djordjevic
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Vojvode Stepe 450, P O Box 146, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Int J Pharm 271:11-9. 2004..The investigated microemulsions should be very interesting as new drug carrier systems for dermal application of diclofenac diethylamine...
- [Autoantibodies characteristic for autoimmune hepatitis found in chronic hepatitis C]Slanjana Pavić
Department of Infectious Diseases, General Hospital, Uzice
Srp Arh Celok Lek 131:437-42. 2003....
- Public drug procurement: the lessons from a drug tender in a teaching hospital of a transition countryDragan R Milovanovic
Centre for Clinical End Experimental Pharmacology, Clinical Hospital Centre Kragujevac, Zmaj Jovina 30, P O Box 179, 34000, Kragujevac, Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 60:149-53. 2004....
- Immunohistochemical analysis of cyclin D1 and p53 in multiple myeloma: relationship to proliferative activity and prognostic significanceO Markovic
Medical Training Center Bezanijska Kosa, Auto put bb, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Med Oncol 21:73-80. 2004..76). Results of this study did not revealed prognostic significance of cyclin D1 overexpression in multiple myeloma. Mutations of p53 gene are rare events in myeloma, suggesting their limited role in the pathogenesis of the disease...
- How against HIV - using immunology or genetic engineeringIvan A Milosevic
Gunduliceva 9, 34000 Kragujevac, Yugoslavia
Med Hypotheses 62:364-6. 2004..Out of the host cell (CD4 Lymphocite) the HIV virus is very responsive for our Immune System and it would be destroyed...
- [Surgical treatment of polypoid lesions of gallbladder]Miljko A Pejić
Surgical Department, Health Centre, Uzice
Srp Arh Celok Lek 131:319-24. 2003..Since gallbladder cancers usually present as polypoid lesions, differentiation between benign polypoid lesion and malignant lesion can be very difficult, even with high-resolution imaging techniques...
- The influence of diazepam on atropine reversal of behavioural impairment in dichlorvos-treated ratsMiroslav M Savić
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, PO Box 146, Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Pharmacol Toxicol 93:211-8. 2003....
- Comparison of efficacy and safety between individualized and empiric dose regimen of amitriptyline in the treatment of major depressive episodeGoran S Mihajlovic
Psychiatric Clinic, Center for Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Clinical Hospital Center Kragujevac, Serbia, Yugoslavia
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 57:580-5. 2003..The adverse effects were less frequent in the experimental group. It is concluded that the modified Bayesian method is more effective and safe than empiric treatment...
- [Effect of proteinuria on tubulointerstitial damage]Biljana Stojimirovic
Klinika za nefrologiju, Institut za urologiju i nefrologiju, Klinicki centar Srbije, Beograd
Med Pregl 56:351-4. 2003..Due to damages of glomerular basal membrane there is an increase in filtration of plasma proteins of moderate and high molecular weight...
- Contralateral acoustic suppression of transient evoked otoacoustic emissions--activation of the medial olivocochlear systemZoran Komazec
Klinika za bolesti uva, grla i nosa, Klinicki centar Novi Sad
Med Pregl 56:124-30. 2003..Apart from studying physiological significance of efferent auditory system, results of this and similar studies can be used for production of hearing aids improving speech discrimination in noisy environment...
- Significant variations of responsiveness of rat gut smooth muscles to glutamateDragan R Milovanovic
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, University of Kragujevac, Svetozara Markovica 69, P O Box 124, 34000 Kragujevac, Serbia, FR Yugoslavia
Pol J Pharmacol 54:507-11. 2002....
- Concentrating ability of the kidneys in proteinuric patientsDejan Petrovic
Klinika za urologiju i nefrologiju, KBC Kragujevac, 34000 Kragujevac, Zmaj Jovina 30
Med Pregl 55:129-34. 2002..Results were statistically analyzed using Student t test, Mann-Whitney U test and chi 2 test. Proteinuria leads to deterioration of concentrating ability of the kidneys...
- Epoetin treatment improves red blood cell and plasma antioxidant capacity in hemodialysis patientsJasmina Mimic-Oka
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Ren Fail 24:77-87. 2002..These results suggest that, in spite of epoetin treatment and improvement in red blood cells and plasma antioxidant capacity, the production of reactive oxygen species overwhelms the intracellular and extracellular antioxidant capacity...
- Genotoxicity potential of 8-Cl-cyclic adenosine monophosphate assessed with cytogenetic tests in vivoVladan Bajic
Galenika a d, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Arch Med Res 35:209-14. 2004..To assess possible genotoxic effects of 8-Cl-cAMP, we conducted a study in vivo using male BALB/c mice...
- An investigation into the factors influencing drug release from hydrophilic matrix tablets based on novel carbomer polymersJelena Parojcic
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Drug Deliv 11:59-65. 2004..The practical benefit of these simulations is to optimize the geometry and dimensions of a controlled release device and reduce the number of experiments involved in the development of new controlled release dosage forms...
- Relationship of fluorescence and thermal emission from isolated thylakoids under light stress conditionsDejan Markovic
Faculty of Technology, University of Nis, 16000 Leskovac, Serbia
Indian J Exp Biol 42:604-10. 2004..These parameters are used to study the response of photosynthetic apparatus functioning under photoinhibition stress. The defense mechanism seems to possess an efficient cooperativity of reaction centers under stress conditions...
- Unreduced chronic dislocation of the humeral head with ipsilateral humeral shaft fracture: a case reportIvan D Micic
Clinic for Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Clinical Center, Nis, Serbia and Montenegro
J Orthop Trauma 19:578-81. 2005....
- [Report of a newborn with hemimegalencephaly in association with Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber syndrome]Slobodan Obradocić
Pediatric Clinic, Clinical Hospital Centre, Kragujevac
Srp Arh Celok Lek 133:62-4. 2005..Measures of monitoring the child as well as stimulating and therapeutic actions were the issues of discussion...
- An attempt at unmasking Eugene O'NeillAleksandar Dimitrijevic
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Philosophy, Belgrade University, Belgrade, Serbia
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 33:163-75. 2005..The article suggests that the most important influence on O'Neill's sensitivity to motif of masking was his mother's morphine addiction...
- [Cardiovascular diseases mortality in the population of Belgrade aged 30-69 years for 1990-2002 period]Sandra Sipetic
Medicinski fakultet, Institut za epidemiologiju, Visegradska 26, 11 000 Beograd, Srbija i Cma Gora
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:343-8. 2005..In women, the average age-specific mortality rates were 5 years behind those in men. In both sexes aged 30-34 years, the average mortality rate from CVD increased by 22.2% in men and by 14.1% in women, respectively...
- [Effect of selenium on health protection and development of disease]Dusan Backović
Medicinski fakultet, Institut za higijenu i medicinsku ekologiju, Beograd
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:227-34. 2005
- Liver hydatid disease: morphological changes of protoscoleces after albendazole therapyNebojsa Stankovic
Military Medical Academy, Clinic for General and Vascular Surgery, Belgrade
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:175-9. 2005..Morphological changes of protoscoleces following the treatment with drugs are not well known...
- Evaluation of absolute volume of human fetal kidney's cortex and medulla during gestationSlobodan Vlajkovic
School of Medicine, Institute of Anatomy, Nis
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:107-11. 2005..Human fetal kidney is quite different from the mature kidney, both macroscopically and hystologically. Lobulated surface of the human fetal kidney reflects its inner organisation...
- Morphological aspect of the thyroid ima artery in human fetusesLjiljana Vasovic
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Bul Dr Zorana Dinotić 81 University of Nis, Serbia and Montenegro
Ital J Anat Embryol 109:189-97. 2004..Thyroid ima artery probably represents an example of the arterial self-differentiation and induced differentiation of the unilateral vascular trunk...
- Susceptibility to lung tuberculosis--a population-genetic studyDragica Pesut
Institute of Lung Diseases and Tuberculosis, University of Belgrade School of Medicine, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade
Med Pregl 57:21-4. 2004....
- [External fixator by Mitkovic in the treatment of comminuted intraarticular fractures of the distal radius]Ivan Micic
Ortopedsko traumatoloska klinika, Klinicki centar, Nis
Med Pregl 57:473-9. 2004..Comminuted intraarticular fractures of the distal radius metaphysis are a major challenge for orthopedic surgeons. The aim of this study was to present results of the survey on treatment of these fractures using an external fixator...
- [Measures for the improvement of medical practice]Natasa Dordević
Dom zdravlja Miloje Hadzić Sule, Raca
Vojnosanit Pregl 61:423-31. 2004
- Radiation recall dermatitisBiljana Ristic
Department of Dermatology, Clinical Center Bezanijska Kosa, Belgrade, Serbia
Int J Dermatol 43:627-31. 2004
- Hereditary patterns of Belgrade university female students with migraine and nonmigraine primary headacheHristina D Vlajinac
Institute of Epidemiology, Belgrade University, School of Medicine, Visegradska 26, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
J Neurol 251:973-6. 2004..The results obtained are in line with the results of genetic epidemiologic studies suggesting that genetic factors play a role in the occurrence of migraine...
- [Diagnostic importance of the sonographic scoring system in differentiating between malignant and benign ovarian tumors]S Durdevic
Klinika za ginekologiju i akuserstvo, Klinicki centar, Medicinski fakultet, Novi Sad
Med Pregl 54:161-5. 2001..The aim of this study was to evaluate diagnostic significance of our own scoring system and possibilities of its application in differentiation of malignant and benign ovarian tumors...