Affiliation: Clinical Center of Serbia
Country: Serbia and Montenegro
- Protein C as an early marker of severe septic complications in diffuse secondary peritonitisAleksandar Karamarkovic
Center for Emergency Surgery, Clinical Center of Serbia, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Pasteur 2 str, 11000, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
World J Surg 29:759-65. 2005..01). These results suggest that protein C represents a sensitive and early marker for the prediction of severe septic complications during diffuse peritonitis, and of outcome...
- Oxidised low-density lipoprotein concentration - early marker of an altered lipid metabolism in young women with PCOSDjuro Macut
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Dr Subotica 13, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Endocrinol 155:131-6. 2006..This study examined the variations in oxidised low-density lipoprotein (OxLDL) concentration in relation to insulin levels in young women with PCOS...
- Hepatic abscess secondary to a rosemary twig migrating from the stomach into the liverAleksandar R Karamarkovic
Center for Emergency Surgery, Clinical Center of Serbia, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
World J Gastroenterol 13:5530-2. 2007..Despite the improvement of non-surgical techniques such as percutaneous drainage and interventional endoscopy, surgery still remains important in the treatment of hepatic abscess caused by an ingested foreign body...
- [Relation of pathoanatomic substrate and incidence of bacterial infection in the acute biliary tract disease]Aleksandar R Karamarkovic
Center of Emergency Surgery, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 133:52-7. 2005..Early surgical treatment eliminates focus, and stops further development of intraabdominal and systemic septic complications. Correlation between bacteriobilia and septic sequelae calls for prophylactic use of antibiotics...
- Procalcitonin in preoperative diagnosis of abdominal sepsisNenad Ivancevic
Center of Emergency Surgery, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Langenbecks Arch Surg 393:397-403. 2008..The present study attempted to identify the diagnostic significance of procalcitonin (PCT) in acute abdominal conditions as well as the range of concentrations relating to diagnosis of abdominal sepsis...
- D-dimer in acute pancreatitis: a new approach for an early assessment of organ failureDejan Radenkovic
Center for Emergency Surgery, School of Medicine, Surgical Department, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Pancreas 38:655-60. 2009..The aim of this prospective study was to identify the useful hemostatic markers for accurate determination of the subsequent development of organ failure (OF) during the very early course of acute pancreatitis (AP)...
- Glissonean pedicle approach in major liver resectionsAleksandar Karamarkovic
Clinic for Emergency Surgery, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1896-901. 2012..Liver resections are still one of the most challenging operations. The aim of this study was to analyze the efficiency and safety of the intrahepatic Glissonean pedicle approach vs. classical Hilar dissection in major hepatectomies...
- The efficacy of three transection techniques of the liver resection: a randomized clinical trialKrstina Doklestić
Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1501-6. 2012..Different instruments for liver transection are available today. The aim of this randomized clinical trial was to analyze the efficacy of three different parenchyma transection techniques of liver resection...
- Severe acute pancreatitis: overall and early versus late mortality in intensive care unitsVesna Bumbasirevic
Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Pancreas 38:122-5. 2009..To determine overall mortality and timing of death in patients with severe acute pancreatitis and factors affecting mortality...
- Decompressive laparotomy with temporary abdominal closure versus percutaneous puncture with placement of abdominal catheter in patients with abdominal compartment syndrome during acute pancreatitis: background and design of multicenter, randomised, controDejan V Radenkovic
Center for Emergency Surgery, Clinical Center of Serbia, University of Belgrade, Serbia
BMC Surg 10:22. 2010..The aim of DECOMPRESS study was to compare decompresive laparotomy with temporary abdominal closure and percutaneus puncture with placement of abdominal catheter in these patients...
- Disorders of hemostasis during the surgical management of severe necrotizing pancreatitisDejan Radenkovic
Center of Emergency Surgery, Clinical Center of Serbia and School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Pancreas 29:152-6. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the hemostatic derangements in patients who were managed for SNP...
- Thirty patients with primary plasma cell leukemia: a single center experienceMilica Colovic
Institute of Hematology, University Clinical Center, 2 Koste Todorovic str, Belgrade 11000, Serbia and Montenegro
Med Oncol 25:154-60. 2008..The immunologic and cytogenetic presentation of patients with PCL bears little significance on prognosis, which is heavily compromised by advanced age at diagnosis and the poor performance status...
- Preoperative echocardiographic parameters influencing quality of life five years after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryMarija Zdravkovic
Clinical Center Bezanijska Kosa, Clinic for Cardiology, Belgrade, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 66:718-23. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate echocardiographic parameters influencing quality of life following coronary artery bypass graft surgery and its correlation with widely used Parsonnet score...
- [Pulsed Doppler tissue imaging in the early diagnosis of coronary artery disease]Marija Zdravkovic
KBC Be1anijska kosa, 11060 Beograd
Med Pregl 60:444-8. 2007..Impact of coronary artery disease on myocardial velocities Early to late myocardial relaxation velocity ratio is influenced by coronary artery disease. This paper provides practical guidelines for using pulsed doppler tissue imaging...
- [Rene Favaloro--a surgeon who has changed the history of coronary disease]Marija Zdravkovic
Klinicko bolnicki centar Bezanijska Kosa, 11060 Beograd
Med Pregl 59:281-5. 2006....
- Circulating and cerebrospinal fluid ghrelin and leptin: potential role in altered body weight in Huntington's diseaseVera Popovic
Neuroendocrine Unit, Institute of Endocrinology, University Clinical Centre, Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Endocrinol 151:451-5. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the possible involvement of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and circulating ghrelin and leptin in the regulation of energy balance in patients with HD...
- The value of fractional and coronary flow reserve in predicting myocardial recovery in patients with previous myocardial infarctionBranko Beleslin
Department for Diagnostic and Catheterization Laboratories, Clinical Center of Serbia, Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases, 8 Koste Todorovica, Belgrade, Serbia
Eur Heart J 29:2617-24. 2008....
- Is there a "gold" standard treatment for patients with isolated myeloid sarcoma?Darko Antic
Clinic for Hematology, Clinical Center Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Biomed Pharmacother 67:72-7. 2013..While prospective evaluations are needed, chemotherapy with allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation should be considered as the optimal therapy for isolated myeloid sarcoma...
- Importance of early detection and follow-up of FLT3 mutations in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaNatasa Colovic
Institute of Hematology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Ann Hematol 86:741-7. 2007..Because FLT3/ITD mutation is a target for specific therapeutic inhibition, its early detection could be helpful in clinical practice...
- Chromosomal aberrations in subjects exposed to ionizing radiationDubravka Jovicic
Clinical Center of Serbia, Institute of Occupational Health and Radiological Protection, Belgrade, Serbia
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 28:75-82. 2009....
- Patients with early stage chronic lymphocytic leukemia: new risk stratification based on molecular profilingDarko Antic
Clinic for Hematology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Leuk Lymphoma 52:1394-7. 2011..Patients with a score of 0 had a TTT of 58.4 months, while patients with a score of 3 (increased levels of β(2)M, LPL, and VEGF) had a significantly shorter TTT of only 10.6 months (p < 0.0001)...
- Temporal variations at the onset of spontaneous acute aortic dissectionRatko M Lasica
Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Int Heart J 47:585-95. 2006..Our findings indicate that the prevention of AAD, especially during the aforementioned vulnerable periods, is possible by adequate tailoring of the treatment of hypertension, which is the main AAD predisposing factor...
- Ergonovine-induced changes of coronary artery diameter in patients with nonsignificant coronary artery stenosis : relation with lipid profileMilan A Nedeljkovic
Department of Cardiology, Diagnostic and Catheterization Laboratories, Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Herz 32:329-35. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the relation between response of coronary arteries to ergonovine provocation and lipid profile in patients with nonsignificant coronary artery disease...
- Inhibin B: a potential marker of gonadal activity in patients with anorexia nervosa during weight recoveryVera Popovic
Neuroendocrine Unit, University Clinical Center, and Institute of Medical Investigation VMA D V, 11000 Belgrade, Yugoslavia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1838-43. 2004....