Affiliation: Clinical Center of Serbia
Country: Serbia and Montenegro
- [Noninvasive assessment of oesophageal varices presence and size in patients with liver cirrhosis using right liver lobe/serum albumin concentration]Tamara Alempijevic
Institut za bolesti digestivnog sistema, Klinika za gastroenterologiju i hepatologiju, Beograd
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:453-7. 2007..The aim of our study was to evaluate the value of biochemical and ultrasonography parameters for prediction of OV presence...
- Biochemical markers for non-invasive assessment of disease stage in patients with primary biliary cirrhosisTamara Alempijevic
Institute for Digestive Diseases, Clinical Centre of Serbia, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
World J Gastroenterol 15:591-4. 2009..To evaluate different biochemical markers and their ratios in the assessment of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) stages...
- Ultrasound measurement of visceral fat in patients with primary biliary cirrhosisTamara Alempijevic
Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 68:739-43. 2011..Metabolic syndrome promotes development of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease related to abdominal type obesity and insulin resistance. The aim of our study was to assess abdominal adiposity in patients with PBC...
- Right liver lobe/albumin ratio: contribution to non-invasive assessment of portal hypertensionTamara Alempijevic
Clinical Centre of Serbia, Institute for Digestive Diseases, Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 6 Dr Koste Todorovica St 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
World J Gastroenterol 13:5331-5. 2007..To study the value of biochemical and ultraso-nographic parameters in prediction of presence and size of esophageal varices...
- Gastric multicentric glomangioma: a case report of this rare cause of abdominal painTamara Alempijevic
Institute for Digestive Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Med Sci Monit 14:CS5-8. 2008..Glomangiomas are a subset of glomus tumors. They are usually localized in the skin and subcutaneous tissue. They have also been reported in viscera, most notably in the gastrointestinal tract...
- [Significance of color Doppler ultrasonography in the assessment of pancreatic carcinoma vascular invasion]Tamara Alempijevic
Klinickki centar Srbije, Institut za bolesti digestivnog sistema, Klinika za gastroenterologiju i hepatologiju, Beograd
Vojnosanit Pregl 63:857-60. 2006..The aim of this study was to provide an analysis of the sensitivity and specificity for color Doppler ultrasonography in patients suffering from pancreatic carcinoma...
- [Correlation between findings of echosonography and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography examination in chronic pancreatitis patients]Tamara Alempijevic
Klinicki centar Srbije, Klinika za gastroenterohepatologiju, Institut za bolesti digestivnog sistema, Beograd
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:821-5. 2005..The observed degree of correlation may serve for the validation of echosonography as a diagnostic tool in chronic pancreatitis patients...
- [Ultrasonographic aspects of liver segmentation]Tamara Alempijevic
Institut za bolesti digestivnog sistema, Klinika za gastroenterologiju i hepatologiju, 11000 Beograd
Med Pregl 60:501-4. 2007..COUINAUD'S LIVER SEGMENTS: There are eight liver segments described by this classification. Anatomical boundaries of liver segments are defined by ultrasonography, and this paper describes its morphology in detail...
- Noninvasive assessment of portal hypertension in patients with alcoholic cirrhosisTamara Alempijevic
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:239-46. 2012..The aim of our study was to evaluate the possibility of the presence of esophageal varices and their size using biochemical and ultrasonography parameters in patients with alcoholic liver cirrhosis...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism in patients with chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancerSnezana Lukic
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Dig Surg 28:258-62. 2011..Our findings indicate that the ACE I/D polymorphism could play a role in the development of chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer through interaction with other genetic and environmental factors...
- [Whipple's disease: a case report]Dusan Dj Popović
Klinika za gastroenterologiju, Klinicki centar Srbije, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 69:522-5. 2012..Morbus Whipple is primarily gastrointestinal disease, manifested as malabsorption syndrome, and diagnosed by endoscopy and intestinal biopsy. Extraintestinal manifestations are not rare...
- Role of Helicobacter pylori infection in gastroduodenal damage in patients starting NSAID therapy: 4 Months follow-up studyAleksandra Sokic-Milutinovic
Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Institute for Digestive Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, University of Belgrade, Koste Todorovica 6, 11 000, Belgrade, Serbia
Dig Dis Sci 55:2887-92. 2010..Seventy-one candidates for chronic NSAIDs therapy (33 Hp negative and 38 Hp positive) entered the study and underwent upper GI endoscopy before, and 8 and 16 weeks after, continuous NSAID therapy...
- Primary biliary cirrhosis and hepatic sarcoidosis--a case reportTamara Alempijevic
Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 71:83-6. 2014..Sarcoidosis is a chronic disorder of unknown etiology characterized by non-caseous granulomas...
- Assessment of metabolic syndrome in patients with primary biliary cirrhosisTamara Alempijevic
School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 124:251-5. 2012..It remains unclear if hyperlipidemia increases the risk for atherosclerosis in PBC patients. Metabolic syndrome (MS) promotes the development of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease due to abdominal obesity and insulin resistance...
- Cystic dystrophy in heterotopic pancreas of the duodenal wallIvan Jovanovic
Clinic of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Dig Surg 25:262-8. 2008..It has been recently reported as one of the etiologic obstructive factors of chronic pancreatitis. The aim of our study was to evaluate diagnosis and management of CDHP in the duodenal wall in a surgical series...
- Portal hypertension caused by postoperative superior mesenteric arteriovenous fistulaDusan Dj Popović
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 69:623-6. 2012..Arteriovenous fistula of the superior mesenteric blood vessels is a rare complicaton in abdominal surgery...
- [Cameron lesion: an unusual cause of anemia]Ivan Jovanovic
Klinicki centar Srbije, Klinika za gastroenterologiju i hepatologiju, Beograd
Med Pregl 63:423-6. 2010..Cameron lesions are linear gastric ulcers or erosions positioned on the crests of mucosal folds at the diaphragmatic impression, in patients with large hiatal hernia, and can cause iron deficiency anaemia...
- [Congenital intestinal lymphangiectasia]Dugan D j Popović
Klinicki centar Srbije, Sluzba za patohistologiju, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 68:270-3. 2011..Clinical manifestations include malabsorption, diarrhea, steatorrhea, edema and effusions. Specific diet and medication are required for disease control...
- Gallbladder villous adenoma in a patient with acromegaly: a case reportMiodrag Krstic
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Clinical Center of Serbia, 2 Koste Todorovica, Belgrade 11000, Serbia
World J Gastroenterol 13:3144-6. 2007..Detailed investigations showed no other tumors of the gastrointestinal tract. After five years of follow-up, the patient reports no complaints, and the results of laboratory testing and imaging studies are within the normal range...
- Relationship between papillary fibrosis and patency of the accessory pancreatic ductBojan Stimec
Institute for Anatomy, School of Medicine, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Ann Anat 187:99-103. 2005..Further, the pancreatic tissue in the Santorini segment of the pancreatic head followed the same manner. No apparent sphincter of the minor papilla was found in any of the specimens analyzed...
- [Duodenal ulcer during the period of twenty years after discovering of Helicobacter pylori--experience gained at our centre]Ivan Jovanovic
Klinicki centar Srbije, Beograd
Med Pregl 63:258-61. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the frequency of duodenal ulcer among patients endoscopically examined for dyspeptic symptoms and analyse the disease time trend during two ten-year long distinctive retrospective periods (1987-2006)...
- Clinical relevance of IL-6 gene polymorphism in severely injured patientsVasilije Jeremic
School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Dr Subotica Street 8, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 14:110-7. 2014....
- Diffusion-weighted MRI versus transient elastography in quantification of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic cholestatic liver diseasesJelena Djokic Kovac
Center for Radiology and Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Clinical Center of Serbia, Pasterova 2, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Radiol 81:2500-6. 2012..To evaluate the diagnostic value of diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (DWMRI) and transient elastography (TE) in quantification of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic cholestatic liver diseases...
- Neuroendocrine gastric carcinoma in a young patientPetar Svorcan
University Clinical Center Zvezdara, Department of Gastroenterohepatology, Belgrade, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 67:332-5. 2010..Neuroendocrine tumors cover a spectrum of neoplasms showing wide variations in their clinicopathological and pathogenetic features, as well as prognosis. They may develop throughout the whole gastrointestinal tract...
- Alpha-1-antitrypsin phenotypes in adult liver disease patientsAleksandra Topic
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Ups J Med Sci 114:228-34. 2009..Presence of Pi M homozygosity could be associated with liver disease via some mechanism different from Z allele-induced liver damage through accumulation of AAT polymers...
- Watermelon stomach in a patient with primary Sjögren's syndromeMiodrag Krstic
Clinical Center of Serbia, Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Belgrade, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 67:256-8. 2010..The treatment with argon-plasma coagulation was postponed as the conservative therapy with iron substitution and proton pump inhibitor led to improvement of anemia and hemoglobin levels normalization...
- Anatomical features of the minor duodenal papilla in pancreas divisumTamara Alempijevic
Clinic of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Institute for Digestive Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Dr Koste Todorovica 6, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Surg Radiol Anat 28:620-4. 2006..This anatomo-functional study of the minor papilla in pancreas divisum has included its topographical, functional and structural features...
- Right liver lobe diameter:albumin ratio: a new non-invasive parameter for prediction of oesophageal varices in patients with liver cirrhosis (preliminary report)Tamara Alempijevic
Gut 56:1166-7; authro reply 1167. 2007