- Calcium fructoborate: plant-based dietary boron as potential medicine for cancer therapy
Ion Romulus Scorei
University of Craiova, Biochemistry Department, A I Cuza, Street, No 13, Craiova, Romania, East Europe
Front Biosci (Schol Ed) 3:205-15. 2011
..Inside cells CF acts as an antioxidant and induces the overexpression of apoptosis-related proteins and eventually apoptosis...
- In vitro effects of calcium fructoborate on fMLP-stimulated human neutrophil granulocytes
Department of Biochemistry, University of Craiova, 13 A I Cuza, Craiova, 200585, Romania
Biol Trace Elem Res 118:27-37. 2007
..3%, and a stimulation of superoxide dismutase activity by 72% in unstimulated PMN cells. Altogether, these results suggest the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of CF...
- Comparative effects of boric acid and calcium fructoborate on breast cancer cells
Department of Biochemistry, University of Craiova, 13 A I Cuza, 200585, Craiova, Romania
Biol Trace Elem Res 122:197-205. 2008
..Additional studies will be needed to identify the underlying mechanism responsible for the observed cellular responses to these compounds and to determine if BA and CF may be further evaluated as chemotherapeutic agents for human cancer...
- In vitro effects of calcium fructoborate upon production of inflammatory mediators by LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophages
Romulus Ion Scorei
Department of Biochemistry, University of Craiova, 13 AI Cuza, 200585 Craiova, Romania
Biol Trace Elem Res 135:334-44. 2010
..However, further research is required in order to establish whether CF treatment can be beneficial in suppression of pro-inflammatory cytokine production and against progression of endotoxin-related diseases...
- Boron-containing compounds as preventive and chemotherapeutic agents for cancer
Romulus I Scorei
Department of Biochemistry, University of Craiova, A I Cuza Street, No 13, Craiova, 200585, Romania
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 10:346-51. 2010
..Boron-based compounds show promising effects for the chemotherapy of specific forms of cancer, but due to specific benefits should also be included in cancer chemopreventive strategies...
- Calcium fructoborate--potential anti-inflammatory agent
Romulus Ion Scorei
Department of Biochemistry, University of Craiova, A I Cuza Str, nr 13, Craiova, Romania
Biol Trace Elem Res 143:1223-38. 2011
..025-0.175 mg elemental boron)/kg body weight/day exhibited a good anti-inflammatory activity, and it also seemed to have negligible adverse effect on humans...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study to evaluate the effect of calcium fructoborate on systemic inflammation and dyslipidemia markers for middle-aged people with primary osteoarthritis
Biochemistry Department, University of Craiova, 13 A I Cuza Street, 200585, Craiova, Dolj, Romania
Biol Trace Elem Res 144:253-63. 2011
..This study suggests that short-term (2 weeks) calcium fructoborate supplementation in patients with osteoarthritis symptoms has a favorable prognosis on inflammation diseases...