- Venous thrombosis after long-haul flights
Division of Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Dresden Medical School, Germany
Arch Intern Med 163:2759-64. 2003
..The risk for venous thromboembolism after long-haul flights represents a controversial issue. The aim of our study was to assess the incidence of venous thrombosis associated with long-haul flights in a prospective, controlled cohort study...
- Therapy of isolated calf muscle vein thrombosis with low-molecular-weight heparin
Division of Vascular Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:597-9. 2001
..The data suggest a need for short-term anticoagulation in such patients to prevent further thromboembolic complications. Randomized prospective studies are now warranted in a larger study population...
- Deep vein and isolated calf muscle vein thrombosis following long-haul flights: pilot study
Department of Internal Medicine III Division of Vascular Medicine, University of Dresden Medical School, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:755-7. 2002
..6%) controls. All subjects with ICMVT were clinically asymptomatic, and ICMVT was located in the soleal muscle veins in all four subjects. Three of the four passengers with ICMVT had other risk factors for thrombosis...
- Recurrent isolated calf muscle thrombosis due to a venous aneurysm of the soleal muscle veins
Department of Internal Medicine Division of Vascular Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Vasa 31:277-9. 2002
..To prevent further thrombotic episodes, surgery including ligation and resection of the aneurysm was performed. At the 3-month follow-up study the patient had completely recovered...
- Eligibility for home treatment of deep vein thrombosis: a prospective study in 202 consecutive patients
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Vascular Medicine, University Clinic Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
J Vasc Surg 34:1065-70. 2001
..However, this conclusion has been drawn from studies with predefined patient selection criteria. Eligibility for home treatment has never been properly assessed...
- Interobserver agreement of complete compression ultrasound for clinically suspected deep vein thrombosis
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 8:45-9. 2002
- Pathologic uptake in F-18 FDG positron emission tomography of the residuals of a surgically removed needle abscess
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Karl Franzens University Graz, Graz, Austria
Clin Nucl Med 27:439-40. 2002
- Coagulation factor V G allele and HR2 haplotype: factor V activity, activated protein C resistance and risk of venous thrombosis
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:49-56. 2003
..The results here permit the assumption of a protective effect of the G allele. The source of a possible protective influence of the G allele on thrombotic risk is at present unclear...
- Complete compression ultrasonography of the leg veins as a single test for the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis
Sebastian M Schellong
Division of Angiology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherstrasse Dresden, Germany
Thromb Haemost 89:228-34. 2003
..1%-0.8%]). We conclude that the CCUS protocol has a low technical failure rate and is safe with respect to excluding DVT, thereby reducing the diagnostic workup of patients with suspected DVT to a single ultrasound examination...
- Two-year results after directional atherectomy of infrapopliteal arteries with the SilverHawk device
Department of Angiology, Heart Center Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 14:232-40. 2007
..To report the 12- and 24-month results after directional atherectomy (DA) of below-the-knee (BTK) arterial lesions with the SilverHawk device...
- Regression of left ventricular hypertrophy following stenting of renal artery stenosis
Department of Angiology, Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 14:189-97. 2007
..To determine if angioplasty of atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis, which reduces the activation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS), may lead to regression of left ventricular hypertrophy...