- Graft for immediate use as first stage of a native fistulaEarl Schuman
Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital, Portland, OR, USA
J Vasc Access 10:203-6. 2009..When these vessels meet maturation guidelines, or when surveillance indicates impending graft failure, a native fistula can be constructed and used in a 2-3 week period. This approach minimizes or circumvents catheter use altogether...
- Early use conversion of the HeRO dialysis graftEarl Schuman
Legacy Oregon Surgical, Portland, OR, USA
J Vasc Surg 53:1742-4. 2011..This results in an infection-free access over the follow-up period...
- Comparison of clinical assessment with ultrasound flow for hemodialysis access surveillanceEarl Schuman
Oregon Surgical Consultants, 1130 NW 22nd St, Ste 300, Portland, OR 97210, USA
Arch Surg 142:1129-33. 2007..Organized clinical assessment of hemodialysis access is as useful a surveillance tool as ultrasound flow measurements in preventing access thrombosis...
- Achieving vascular access success in the quality outcomes eraEarl Schuman
Department of Surgery, Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, 1130 NW 22nd St, Suite 300, Portland, OR 97210, USA
Am J Surg 187:585-9; discussion 589. 2004..In 1997 the National Kidney Foundation put forth guidelines for hemoaccess through its Dialysis Outcomes Quality Initiative (DOQI). Some centers have been able to meet these standards; most have not...
- Sirolimus-loaded polyurethane graft for hemodialysis access in sheepEarl Schuman
Oregon Surgical Consultants, Portland, OR, USA
Vascular 16:269-74. 2008..Further work to asses the validity of drug coated materials to prevent intimal hyperplasia in hemodialysis access is warranted...