- Is there a relation between number of adjustments and results after gastric banding?
Bariatric Centre Lievensberg Hospital, Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands Electronic address
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:908-12. 2013
..However, it is unknown if this is purely because of a lack of band adjustments. The aim of this study was to study the relation between number of adjustments and results...
- Prevalence and risk factors of urinary incontinence and bladder retention in gastric bypass surgery: a cross-sectional study
Bariatric Centre Lievensberg Hospital, Boerhaaveplein 7, 4624 VT, Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 23:760-3. 2013
..Preoperative risk factors for developing this kind of complications could not be identified...
- Laparoscopic sleeve resection of a recurrent gastric cascade: a case report
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:307-10. 2007
..In this paper, we summarize the literature findings on gastric cascade and report on a new treatment option: the laparoscopic gastric sleeve resection...
- Influence of reoperations on long-term quality of life after restrictive procedures: a prospective study
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medical Centre Parkstad, P O Box 4446, 6401, CX, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 21:871-9. 2011
..Postoperative quality of life is mainly dependent on weight loss and decrease in comorbidities and not on the type of procedure or surgical complications...
- Long-term results of bariatric restrictive procedures: a prospective study
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medical Centre, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 20:1617-26. 2010
..Results of the re-operations are good with sustained weight loss and reduction in comorbidities. However, in order to achieve these results, a durable and complete follow-up after restrictive procedures is imperative...
- A multicenter, randomized efficacy study of the EndoBarrier Gastrointestinal Liner for presurgical weight loss prior to bariatric surgery
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medical Centre Parkstad, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 251:236-43. 2010
..The endoscopically placed duodenal-jejunal bypass sleeve or EndoBarrier Gastrointestinal Liner has been designed to achieve weight loss in morbidly obese patients. We report on the first European experience with this device...
- Salvage banding for failed Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
Guy H E J Vijgen
Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Surg Obes Relat Dis 8:803-8. 2012
..The objective of this literature review is to provide an overview of the studies that report the effect of salvage banding after failed RYGB...
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass as revisional procedure after gastric banding: leaving the band in place
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medisch Centrum Parkstad, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Surg Obes Relat Dis 8:717-22. 2012
..The band was kept in place. Our objective was to evaluate the safety and short-term effectiveness of RYGB after failed LAGB, without removing the band. The setting was a large teaching hospital in Heerlen, The Netherlands...
- Conversion of vertical banded gastroplasty to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass results in restoration of the positive effect on weight loss and co-morbidities: evaluation of 101 patients
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 17:622-30. 2007
..However, the re-operation rate after this operation is high. In the case of VBG failure, a conversion to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) is an option. A study was undertaken to evaluate the results of the conversion from VBG to RYGBP...
- [EndoBarrier for counteracting obesity and metabolic syndrome]
Froukje J Verdam
Maastricht Universitair Medisch Centrum, afd Chirurgie, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A3844. 2012
..Concomitant positive effects on cardiovascular risk factors including diabetes type 2 were observed. A multicentre trial is currently being executed in order to unravel the mechanism behind these effects...
- An update on less invasive and endoscopic techniques mimicking the effect of bariatric surgery
Froukje J Verdam
Department of General Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Obes 2012:597871. 2012
..The aim of this paper is to discuss the safety, efficacy, complications, reversibility, and long-term results of these latest developments in the treatment of obesity...