- Relative quantification of 40 nucleic acid sequences by multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification
Jan P Schouten
MRC Holland, Hudsonstraat 68, 1057SN Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 30:e57. 2002
..Probe target sequences are small (50-70 nt). The prerequisite of a ligation reaction provides the opportunity to discriminate single nucleotide differences...
- Deletion and duplication screening in the DMD gene using MLPA
Department of Medical Genetics, Mother and Child Health Institute of Serbia, Radoja Dakic, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Eur J Hum Genet 13:1231-4. 2005
..The assay outperforms the Beggs and Chamberlain multiplex-PCR test, and should be considered as the method of choice for an initial DNA analysis of DMD/BMD patients...
- A novel approach to simultaneously scan genes at fragile sites
Department of Hematology and Molecular Medicine University of the Witwatersrand and the National Health Laboratory Services, Wits Medical School, 8 York road, 2193 Parktown, South Africa
BMC Cancer 6:205. 2006
..The loci for FHIT and WWOX both span over a megabase but the genes encode for small transcripts. Thus the screening of intragenic deletion can be difficult and has relied on loss of heterozygosity LOH assays, or genomic arrays...
- Large genomic deletions and duplications in the BRCA1 gene identified by a novel quantitative method
Frans B L Hogervorst
Family Cancer Clinic, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 63:1449-53. 2003
..The MLPA test for BRCA1 ensures a sensitive and comprehensive high-throughput screening test for genomic rearrangement and can easily be implemented in the molecular analysis of BRCA1...
- Delineating genetic pathways of disease progression in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
Maria J Worsham
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Research Division, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:702-8. 2003
..Identification of key molecular events may be useful for more accurate distinction of prognostic groups for selection and targeting of therapy...
- Epigenetic events of disease progression in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
Maria J Worsham
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and Research Division, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Mich, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:668-77. 2006
..To examine the promoter methylation status of the 22 cancer genes and their contribution to disease progression in 6 head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) cell lines...
- Rapid and quantitative detection of homologous and non-homologous recombination events using three oligonucleotide MLPA
Division of Immunology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e188. 2005
..By using MLPA probes consisting of three oligonucleotides we were able to simultaneously detect and quantify both wild-type and mutant alleles...
- Methylation-specific MLPA (MS-MLPA): simultaneous detection of CpG methylation and copy number changes of up to 40 sequences
Anders O H Nygren
MRC Holland bv Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e128. 2005
..To validate this novel method, we used MS-MLPA to detect aberrant methylation in DNA samples of patients with Prader-Willy syndrome, Angelman syndrome or acute myeloid leukemia...
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease 33 polymorphisms and lung function decline in the general population
Cleo C van Diemen
Department of Epidemiology and Bioinformatics, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:329-33. 2005
- Pharmacogenomics and outcome of asthma: no clinical application for long-term steroid effects by CRHR1 polymorphisms
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1510-3. 2008