- Receipt of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs among patients with rheumatoid arthritis in Medicare managed care plans
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, 1000 Welch Rd, Ste 203, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
JAMA 305:480-6. 2011
..In 2005, the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) introduced a quality measure to assess the receipt of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) among patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Hydroxychloroquine treatment in a community-based cohort of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:386-92. 2010
..We determined the rates of HCQ use in a diverse, community-based cohort of patients with SLE and identified predictors of current HCQ use...
- Choosing wisely: the American College of Rheumatology's Top 5 list of things physicians and patients should question
Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0920, San Francisco, CA 94143 0920, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:329-39. 2013
..We sought to develop a list of 5 tests, treatments, or services commonly used in rheumatology practice whose necessity or value should be questioned and discussed by physicians and patients...
- Treatment of older adult patients diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis: improved but not optimal
Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:928-34. 2007
..Our objective was to determine the rate and predictors of DMARD use in a cohort of elderly patients with RA...
- Osteoporosis screening, prevention, and treatment in systemic lupus erythematosus: application of the systemic lupus erythematosus quality indicators
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:993-1001. 2010
..New quality indicators (QIs) for SLE advise bone mineral density testing, calcium and vitamin D use, and antiresorptive or anabolic treatment for specific subgroups of patients receiving high-dose steroids...
- Drug monitoring in systemic lupus erythematosus: a systematic review
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Stanford University, CA, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 40:559-75. 2011
..To conduct an evidence-based review of the common medication toxicities and strategies and utility of drug toxicity monitoring among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Missed opportunities for depression screening in patients with arthritis in the United States
Mary E Margaretten
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1637-42. 2013
..Depression screening guidelines have been endorsed for high-risk groups, including persons with arthritis, in the hopes that screening will increase recognition and use of appropriate interventions...