- HIV-infected mental health patients: characteristics and comparison with HIV-infected patients from the general population and non-infected mental health patients
Expert and Treatment Center on HIV and Mental Health, GGZ inGeest, VU University Medical Center, AJ Ernststraat 1187, Amsterdam 1081 HL, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 13:35. 2013
..Secondly, we tested whether HIV infected and non-infected homosexual patients with a lifetime depressive disorder differed on several mental health symptoms...
- [HIV infection and psychiatric symptoms: a common and important combination]
GGZinGeest VU Medisch Centrum, Polikliniek en kenniscentrum hiv en psychische klachten, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 154:A1140. 2010
..Subsequently, medication adherence improved and the male patient no longer had unsafe sexual contacts. For optimal treatment of HIV infection it is important that comorbid mental disorders are recognized, diagnosed and treated...
- Anxiety disorders: treatable regardless of the severity of comorbid alcohol dependence
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Centre, GGZ Buitenamstel, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Addict Res 13:109-15. 2007
..The purpose of the present study was to find predictors of treatment success for comorbid anxiety disorders in alcohol-dependent patients...
- Origin of the comorbidity of anxiety disorders and alcohol dependence: findings of a general population study
Loes A Marquenie
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Addict Res 13:39-49. 2007
..The data are inconsistent with regard to comorbidity as a distinct psychopathological entity. These findings are of great importance for treatment planning in patients with alcohol dependence and comorbid anxiety disorders...
- [Atypical presentation of delirium: risk of misdiagnosis and undertreatment]
GGZ inGeest VUmc, polikliniek Psychiatrie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5910. 2013
..Advice on how to improve the diagnostic process is given...
- The effectiveness of anxiety treatment on alcohol-dependent patients with a comorbid phobic disorder: a randomized controlled trial
Department of Psychiatry and Institute for Extramural Medicine, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:794-800. 2005
..We attempted to answer this question by conducting a trial among patients with a double diagnosis of alcohol dependence and agoraphobia or social phobia...