- Single-cell phenomics reveals intra-species variation of phenotypic noise in yeast
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire de la Cellule, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon CNRS, Universite Lyon 1, 46 allee d Italie, Lyon F 69007, France
BMC Syst Biol 7:54. 2013
..For selection to act, phenotypic noise must differ between contemporary genotypes. Whether this is the case or not remains, however, unclear because phenotypic noise has very rarely been quantified in natural populations...
- Ploidy influences cellular responses to gross chromosomal rearrangements in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Paul P Jung
Department of Genetics, Genomics and Microbiology, University of Strasbourg, CNRS, UMR, Strasbourg, France
BMC Genomics 12:331. 2011
..To obtain new insights on the role of ploidy, the cellular effects of GCRs were compared between the haploid and diploid contexts...
- Spontaneous deletions and reciprocal translocations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: influence of ploidy
UMR 7156 Université Louis Pasteur CNRS, Genetique Moleculaire, Genomique, Microbiologie, Département Microorganismes, Génomes, Environnement, Strasbourg, France
Mol Microbiol 64:382-95. 2007
..After discussing the differences between the haploid and diploid levels, some mechanisms possibly involved in chromosome shortening and arm exchange are suggested...
- Influence of genetic background on the occurrence of chromosomal rearrangements in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Emilie S Fritsch
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Genomics and Microbiology, UMR7156, University of Strasbourg and CNRS, Strasbourg, France
BMC Genomics 10:99. 2009
..Although the genetic variations in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae species have been well documented, there is little known to date about the impact of the genetic background on the appearance of rearrangements...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the yeast Pichia sorbitophila
Paul P Jung
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, Génomique et Microbiologie, Institut de Botanique, UMR7156, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
FEMS Yeast Res 9:903-10. 2009
..Moreover, the mtDNA of P. sorbitophila contains several introns in its genes and has the particularity of possessing an intron, which is not linked to any upstream exon...
- Complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the yeast Pichia farinosa and comparative analysis of closely related species
Paul P Jung
Department of Genetics, Genomics and Microbiology, University of Strasbourg, CNRS, UMR7156, Strasbourg, France
Curr Genet 56:507-15. 2010
..Moreover, this analysis provides clear evidence that Pichia farinosa and Pichia sorbitophila, which were known to be unique species, are two distinct species...
- Duplication processes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae haploid strains
CNRS ULP, Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Génétique, Strasbourg, France
Nucleic Acids Res 33:6319-26. 2005
..Moreover, this study shows that the duplication of a given gene can occur in S.cerevisiae haploid strains via at least two ways: single gene or segmental duplication...