- Perceptions of Turkish psychiatric inpatients about therapeutic factors of group psychotherapy
Department of Psychiatry, Gazi University, Turkey
Int J Group Psychother 58:253-63. 2008
..Differences between this Turkish sample and those reported in common Western literature are discussed under the light of relatedness psychology, which is an important concept of cross-cultural psychology...
- Prolongation of clozapine-induced leukopenia with olanzapine treatment
Department of Psychiatry, Gazi University Medical School, Turkey
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:958-9. 2006
..The aim of this paper is to report a case of prolongation of clozapine-induced leukopenia despite olanzapine treatment and discuss leukopenia caused by atypical antipsychotic use in the light of recent and limited literature...
- A prospective study of serotonin transporter gene promoter (5-HTT gene linked polymorphic region) and intron 2 (variable number of tandem repeats) polymorphisms as predictors of trauma response to mild physical injury
1 Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
DNA Cell Biol 29:71-7. 2010
- Theory of mind in obsessive-compulsive disorder: Comparison with healthy controls
Psychiatry Department of Gazi University Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur Psychiatry 25:116-22. 2010
..Our objective was to compare ToM abilities of patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) with healthy controls and to investigate the relation between some illness features, other cognitive functions and ToM abilities of patients...
- Investigation of serotonin transporter gene promoter (5-HTTLPR) and intron 2 (variable number of tandem repeats) polymorphisms with suicidal behavior in a Turkish population
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
DNA Cell Biol 29:429-34. 2010
..However, our linkage disequilibrium analyses indicated that there may be a greater risk for suicidal behavior in carriers of the S10 and L12 alleles of 5-HTTLPR...
- Farewell to the world: suicide notes from Turkey
Forensic Medicine Department, Gazi University, Turkey
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:122-7. 2008
..Future study of suicide notes should, in fact, focus on cross-cultural investigation...
- [A male anorexia nervosa case and its discussion from dynamic point of view]
Araş Gör, Gazi U Tip Fak, Psikiyatri AD, Ankara
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 15:155-60. 2004
..In this case report, a male anorexia nervosa case's psychodynamics are discussed under the influence of his psychiatric illness and his childhood history...
- [The relationship between mood disorders and temperament, character and personality]
Gazi U Tip Fak, Psikiyatri AD, Ankara
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 16:276-83. 2005
..For this purpose, literature from 1980 to 2004 has been reviewed through Pub/med, using the following key words...