- Sleep quality in chronic pain patients
Karadeniz Technical University School of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Can J Psychiatry 47:844-8. 2002
..This study aimed to find out whether chronic pain patients differed from healthy control subjects who had no pain on subjective sleep quality measures and, if so, which factors contributed most to poorer sleep quality...
- Does somatosensory amplification decrease with antidepressant treatment?
Bakirkoy Mental Health Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Psychosomatics 46:340-4. 2005
..Whether somatosensory amplification is a measure of depression per se should be tested in a more definitive and larger future study...
- Alexithymia and temperament and character model of personality in alcohol-dependent Turkish men
Bakirkoy State Hospital for Mental Health and Neurological Disorders, Istanbul, Turkey
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 62:371-8. 2008
- Alexithymia and anger in patients with fibromyalgia
School of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 23:441-8. 2004
..The difficulty of identifying feelings, rather than other dimensions of alexithymia, seems to be associated with fibromyalgia...
- [The relationship between psychological factors and health care-seeking behavior in fibromyalgia patients]
Uzm, SB, Erenköy RSHH, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 18:22-30. 2007
..The aim of this study was to examine whether cognitive factors, such as attributions, expectations, and anger management style, contribute to the decision to seek medical care for fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS)...
- Reliability and validity of the Turkish form of the Somatosensory Amplification Scale
Istanbul Erenkoy Psychiatry Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 61:25-30. 2007
- Predictors of suicidal behavior in a sample of Turkish suicide attempters
Karadeniz Technical University Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Trabzon, Turkey
Death Stud 28:137-50. 2004
..Depression severity rather than hopelessness correlated with suicidal intent. Suicide lethality was independent of depression severity, hopelessness, and suicidal ideation and intent, suggesting that lethality is likely due to chance...
- Alexithymia and dissociative tendencies in an adolescent sample from Eastern Turkey
Bakirkoy Mental Health Training and Research Hospital, Adolescent and Young Adult Unit, Istanbul, Turkey
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 59:127-34. 2005
..Helping alexithymic adolescents describe their body experiences may decrease their tendency to dissociation by increasing their ability to verbally identify their stressors...
- Affective distress and fibromyalgia
Daradeniz Technical University Medical School, Trabzon, Turkey
Swiss Med Wkly 134:248-53. 2004
..The aim of this paper is to compare FMS patients with RA patients and healthy controls with respect to psychological measures in a case control design...
- Temperament and character profiles of patients with tension-type headache and migraine
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 58:536-43. 2004
- Assessment of autonomic dysfunction and anxiety levels in patients with mitral valve prolapse
Ahmet L Orhan
Department of Cardiology, Siyami Ersek Cardiovascular Surgery Center, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 37:226-33. 2009
..This study aimed to assess autonomic dysfunction parameters and anxiety levels in patients with mitral valve prolapse (MVP)...
- Venlafaxine treatment of fibromyalgia
Karadeniz Technical University School of Medicine, Farabi Hospital, Trabzon, Turkey
Ann Pharmacother 37:1561-5. 2003
..Antidepressants have proved to be successful in alleviating symptoms of fibromyalgia. Medications that act on multiple neurotransmitters may be more effective in symptom management...
- Alexithymia and suicidal behavior
Karadeniz Technical University Medical School, Trabzon, Turkey
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 40:165-73. 2003
..These findings propose that difficulty in the identification and articulation of feelings does not comprise a risk factor for suicidal behavior...
- Predictors of somatic symptoms in depressive disorder
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 25:108-14. 2003
..However, these factors do not account for the tendency for women to report more somatic symptoms...
- [Temperament and character profile of patients with chronic tension-type headache]
Karadeniz Teknik U Tip Fak, Trabzon
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 15:105-11. 2004
- [Alexithymia and anger in women with fibromyalgia syndrome]
Psikiyatri AD, KTU Tip Fak, Trabzon
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 15:191-8. 2004
..This study was planned to have a better understanding of fibromyalgia through elaborating the role of alexithymia and anger in the pathogenesis of this illness...