- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation offers partial relief in notalgia paresthetica patients with a relevant spinal pathology
Department of Dermatology, Adnan Menderes University Faculty of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
J Dermatol 34:315-9. 2007
..We believe that the partial therapeutic benefit of TENS in NP patients is of importance and further research on the effects of various physical therapeutic modalities would be worthwhile...
- Cutaneous metastatic adenocarcinoma arising from a malignant sacrococcygeal teratoma in an adult
Department of Dermatology, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Dermatol Online J 14:3. 2008
..A tumor that arises from pluripotent germ cells, teratoma rarely shows malignant transformation. The patient presented is a rare example of a cutaneous metastasis originating from a congenital sacrococcygeal teratoma in an adult...
- Rosacea treatment with intermediate-dose isotretinoin: follow-up with erythema and sebum measurements
Dermatology Department, Adnan Menderes University Faculty of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
Acta Derm Venereol 92:73-7. 2012
..Within a median follow-up of 11 months (95% confidence interval: 8.4-13.5 months) 45% of patients had a relapse. In conclusion, 20 mg/day isotretinoin was rapidly efficient for reducing both inflammatory lesions and erythema in rosacea...
- Green staining of clothing: a signal for pseudomonal infection
Department of Dermatology, Adnan Menderes University Faculty of Medicine, Atatürk St, Aydin, Turkey 09100
Cutis 86:305-8. 2010
..Inspection of the patient's clothes may give information about any exudate from the skin and should be done routinely as part of the physical examination...
- Topical pimecrolimus: a new horizon for vitiligo treatment?
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
J Dermatolog Treat 17:338-42. 2006
..The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy of pimecrolimus cream 1% in vitiligo and to evaluate the effects of age of the patients, age of onset and duration of disease on response rate...
- Investigation of the inflammatory mechanisms in alopecia areata
Emel Dikicioglu Cetin
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Am J Dermatopathol 31:53-60. 2009
..AA may involve the entire skin in which lesions occur as a result of local T cell-mediated cytotoxic inflammatory response initiated by Langerhans cells and mast cells activated via neuropeptides...
- On brachioradial pruritus and notalgia paresthetica
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:800-1. 2004
- Interobserver agreement in the use of the ABCD rule for dermoscopy
J Dermatol 31:1041-3. 2004