Abdul Rahman Jazieh
Affiliation: King Fahad National Guard Hospital
Country: Saudi Arabia
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine by patients with cancer in Saudi ArabiaAbdul Rahman Jazieh
King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, and King Abdullah International Medical Research Center, National Guard Health Affairs Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Altern Complement Med 18:1045-9. 2012..However, the issue is not well-studied among the Saudi patient population. Our study aimed at determining the patterns of CAM use among patients with cancer in Saudi Arabia...
- Identifying important breast cancer control strategies in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East/North AfricaJohn F P Bridges
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N, Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:227. 2011..Breast cancer is the most frequent cause of cancer death in women worldwide, but global disparities in breast cancer control persist, due to a lack of a comprehensive breast cancer control strategy in many countries...
- The process of NCCN guidelines adaptation to the Middle East and North Africa regionAbdul Rahman Jazieh
Department of Oncology, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 8:S5-7. 2010..The development of these guidelines generated a strong interest in the region to develop more evidence-based practice and create further networking and collaboration...
- Modification and implementation of NCCN guidelines on non-small cell lung cancer in the Middle East and North Africa regionAbdul Rahman Jazieh
Department of Oncology and Pathology, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 8:S16-21. 2010..The process of adapting the first NCCN-based guidelines in the region is a step toward helping to improve lung cancer care in the region and encouraging networking and collaboration...
- Phase II trial of thalidomide, irinotecan and gemcitabine in chemonaive patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerA R Jazieh
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cancer Invest 27:932-6. 2009..The median time to disease progression was 4 months (95% CI: 2.8-6.6). The 1 year and 2 year survival rates were 36% and 27%, respectively. This combination is active in advanced NSCLC with manageable toxicity profile...
- Phase I clinical trial of concurrent paclitaxel, carboplatin, and external beam chest irradiation with glutamine in patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerAbdul Rahman Jazieh
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Cancer Invest 25:294-8. 2007..In conclusion, the addition of glutamine does not prevent serious toxities of this concurrent chemoradiotherapy regimen...
- The use of dietary supplements by veterans with cancerAbdul Rahman Jazieh
University of Cincinnati and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:560-4. 2004..To study the patterns of dietary supplement use in veterans with cancer...
- Modification and implementation of NCCN Guidelines on palliative care in the Middle East and North Africa regionOmar Shamieh
From the department of Oncology, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 8:S41-7. 2010..A group of experts in the MENA region reviewed the literature and collaborated to assess the current status of palliative care and recommend modifications to the NCCN Guidelines based on the unique needs of the region...
- Can lung cancer screening by computed tomography be effective in areas with endemic histoplasmosis?Sandra L Starnes
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 141:688-93. 2011..The goal of the present study was to determine whether lung cancer screening could be done while minimizing the number of benign biopsy specimens taken in an area endemic for histoplasmosis...
- Prolonged administration of infusional cisplatin and oral etoposide in advanced non-small cell lung cancerAbdul Rahman Jazieh
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0501, USA
Anticancer Drugs 13:815-8. 2002....
- Cancer research training: the Southwest Oncology Group young investigator training program (YITP)Zeina Nahleh
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Cincinnati, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:77-9. 2006..The first author was one of four applicants accepted in 2004 and is reporting on this experience...
- Lack of a uniform approach to clinical research training for hematology oncology fellowsMalek Safa
University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0501, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:166-8. 2006..Preparing hematology/oncology clinical investigators is a major challenge for the advancement of translational cancer research. The goal of this study was to evaluate the experience of fellowship programs in this area...
- A phase II study of sequential neoadjuvant gemcitabine and paclitaxel, radiation therapy with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil and surgery in locally advanced esophageal carcinomaAndrew M Lowy
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:555-61. 2006..To evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of sequential neoadjuvant chemotherapy, chemoradiation, and surgery in patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer...
- The impact of cancer diagnosis on the lifestyle and habits of patients served at a Veterans Administration HospitalAbdul Rahman Jazieh
University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0501, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:147-50. 2006..Cancer diagnosis is associated with many changes in the life of the patients. However, the impact of cancer diagnosis on the lifestyle and habits of veterans has not been reported...
- The use of complementary and alternative medicine by cancer patients undergoing radiation therapyAnu B Swarup
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:468-73. 2006..Given the potential risks with some CAM therapies, physicians should actively ask patients whether they use CAM and provide appropriate counseling...
- Male breast cancer in the veterans affairs population: a comparative analysisZeina A Nahleh
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Cancer 109:1471-7. 2007..The objective of this retrospective analysis was to compare the characteristics and outcome of patients with MBC and patients with female breast cancer (FBC) in the VA population...