Affiliation: King Saud University
Country: Saudi Arabia
- Plasma neuropeptide Y levels relate cigarette smoking and smoking cessation to body weight regulationTajamul Hussain
Center of Excellence in Biotechnology Research, PO Box 2455, King Saud University, 11451, Saudi Arabia
Regul Pept 176:22-7. 2012..Weight modulating effect of cigarette smoke may thus involve its direct action on NPY, independent of leptin. Altered leptin levels in smokers and quitters may merely reflect changes in body weight or precisely fat mass...
- Combined effects of obesity and type 2 diabetes contribute to increased breast cancer risk in premenopausal womenMajed S Alokail
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Cardiovasc Diabetol 8:33. 2009..We tested this association in type 2 diabetic women, categorized as obese, overweight and normal body weight groups based on BMI...
- Variants of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene are associated with components of metabolic syndrome in an Arab populationKhalid M Alkharfy
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Endocr J 59:253-63. 2012..A genetic predisposition to develop abnormal metabolic phenotypes, consistent with an increased prevalence of metabolic phenotypes can be detected in this ethnic group...
- Adiponectin gene polymorphisms (T45G and G276T), adiponectin levels and risk for metabolic diseases in an Arab populationNasser M Al-Daghri
Biomarkers Research Program, Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Gene 493:142-7. 2012....
- Adiponectin gene variants and the risk of coronary artery disease in patients with type 2 diabetesNasser M Al-Daghri
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, PO Box 2455, Riyadh, 11451, Saudi Arabia
Mol Biol Rep 38:3703-8. 2011..These findings support a role for adiponectin gene in the increased CAD risk in diabetes patients and are consistent with genetic heterogeneity in the association between adiponectin gene and coronary artery disease...
- Gender differences exist in the association of leptin and adiponectin levels with insulin resistance parameters in prepubertal Arab childrenNasser M Al-Daghri
Biomarkers Research Program, Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 24:427-32. 2011..Differences in correlations between leptin, adiponectin and insulin resistance in children exist in different ethnic populations. No such information is available in Arab children. This study aims to fill this gap...
- Altered levels of adipocytokines in type 2 diabetic cigarette smokersNasser M Al-Daghri
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 83:e37-9. 2009..15, 2.05 and 3.05, respectively, among cigarette smokers with type 2 diabetes in Saudi Arabian population. Smoking cessation restored the adiponectin and leptin levels while having a modest effect on resistin levels...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms (894G > T and -786T > C) and risk of coronary artery disease in a Saudi populationKhalid M Alkharfy
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Arch Med Res 41:134-41. 2010..We studied the associations of 894G>T and -786T>C polymorphisms of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene with coronary artery disease in Saudi population...
- The Relationship between a Mediterranean Diet and Circulating Adiponectin Levels is Influenced by Cigarette SmokingOmar Salem Al-Attas
Center of Excellence in Biotechnology Research, King Saud University
J Atheroscler Thromb 20:313-20. 2013....
- Potential changes in rat spermatogenesis and sperm parameters after inhalation of Boswellia papyrifera and Boswellia carterii incenseMukhtar Ahmed
Transmission Electron Microscope Unit, Research Centre, College of Science, King Saud University, P O Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:830-44. 2013..These findings demonstrate that the B. papyrifera and B. carterii smoke affects the process of spermatogenesis and sperm parameters and indicate the detrimental effects of these incense materials on human reproductive system...