Affiliation: King Fahad National Guard Hospital
Country: Saudi Arabia
- Tissue factor/factor VIIa pathway mediates coagulation activation in induced-heat stroke in the baboonAbderrezak Bouchama
King Abdullah International Medical Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Crit Care Med 40:1229-36. 2012..We also examined whether coagulation inhibition influences heat stroke-induced fibrinolytic and inflammatory responses...
- sRAGE in diabetic and non-diabetic critically ill patients: effects of intensive insulin therapyYaseen M Arabi
College of Medicine, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Riyadh 11426, Saudi Arabia
Crit Care 15:R203. 2011..RAGE expression is regulated by multiple ligands, including high mobility group box-1 (HMGB-1), and is reflected by its released soluble form (sRAGE)...
- Glucocorticoids do not protect against the lethal effects of experimental heatstroke in baboonsAbderrezak Bouchama
Departments of Comparative Medicine, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Shock 27:578-83. 2007..These results do not support clinical testing of corticosteroids as beneficial in preventive or therapeutic strategies for the treatment of heatstroke in humans...
- Prognostic factors in heat wave related deaths: a meta-analysisAbderrezak Bouchama
Department of Comparative Medicine, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Arch Intern Med 167:2170-6. 2007..We conducted a meta-analysis of observational studies on risk and protective factors in heat wave-related deaths...
- Heat strokeAbderrezak Bouchama
Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit and Comparative Medicine Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
N Engl J Med 346:1978-88. 2002