Affiliation: King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Country: Saudi Arabia
- The 3'-UTR of the adiponectin Q gene harbours susceptibility loci for atherosclerosis and its metabolic risk traitsNzioka Muiya
Genetics Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, P, O, Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
BMC Med Genet 14:127. 2013..In the present study, we performed a population-based association study for 8 SNPs in 4646 Saudi individuals (2339 CAD cases versus angiographed 2307 controls) by real-time PCR...
- Echocardiographic and Doppler study of patients with heatstroke and heat exhaustionM S Shahid
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Int J Card Imaging 15:279-85. 1999..Signs of peripheral vasoconstriction were more often present in patients with heatstroke, while patients with heat exhaustion more often demonstrated peripheral vasodilatation...
- Aneurysms complicating pulmonary autograft procedure for aortic valve replacementM S Shahid
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ann Thorac Surg 68:1842-3. 1999..Both were repaired with no immediate complications. There was no evidence of infection at time of operation. The probable mechanisms underlying this complication and the possibilities of avoiding it are discussed...
- New susceptibility locus for obesity and dyslipidaemia on chromosome 3q22.3Maie Alshahid
King Faisal Heart Institute, MBC 16, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
Hum Genomics 7:15. 2013....
- Association of the angiotensinogen gene polymorphism with atherosclerosis and its risk traits in the Saudi populationMohammed Al-Najai
Genetics Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 13:17. 2013....
- Haplotypes encompassing the KIAA0391 and PSMA6 gene cluster confer a genetic link for myocardial infarction and coronary artery diseaseOsama Alsmadi
Genetics Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, 11211 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ann Hum Genet 73:475-83. 2009..These results also suggest that haplotypes may be more informative than individual SNPs in identifying risk factors for disease...