Genomes and Genes
Mohammed H Al-Qahtani
Affiliation: King Abdulaziz University
Country: Saudi Arabia
- Seo S, Zeng X, King J, Larue B, Assidi M, Al Qahtani M, et al. Underlying Data for Sequencing the Mitochondrial Genome with the Massively Parallel Sequencing Platform Ion Torrent™ PGM™. BMC Genomics. 2015;16 Suppl 1:S4 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results of this study, based on orthogonal concordance testing and phylogenetic scrutiny, supported that whole mtGenome sequence data with high accuracy can be obtained using the PGM platform. ..
- Al Maghrabi J, Emam E, Gomaa W, Saggaf M, Buhmeida A, Al Qahtani M, et al. c-MET immunostaining in colorectal carcinoma is associated with local disease recurrence. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:676 pubmed publisher..Further molecular in vitro and in vivo studies are required to pursue c-MET as potential molecular marker of metastases and test the possibility of its incorporation as a new targeted therapeutic target. ..
- Karim S, Al Maghrabi J, Farsi H, Al Sayyad A, Schulten H, Buhmeida A, et al. Cyclin D1 as a therapeutic target of renal cell carcinoma- a combined transcriptomics, tissue microarray and molecular docking study from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:741 pubmed..Further in vivo and in vitro molecular studies are needed to investigate the therapeutic target potential of CCND1 for RCC treatment. ..
- Abu Elmagd M, Alghamdi M, Shamy M, Khoder M, Costa M, Assidi M, et al. Evaluation of the Effects of Airborne Particulate Matter on Bone Marrow-Mesenchymal Stem Cells (BM-MSCs): Cellular, Molecular and Systems Biological Approaches. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..We conclude that PM causes inflammation and cell death, and thereby predisposes to chronic debilitating diseases. ..
- Karim S, Jamal H, Rouzi A, Ardawi M, Schulten H, Mirza Z, et al. Genomic answers for recurrent spontaneous abortion in Saudi Arabia: An array comparative genomic hybridization approach. Reprod Biol. 2017;17:133-143 pubmed publisher..2/CTDSPL, 6p21.32/HLA, 8p22/MSR1, and 14q32.33/AKT1) and pathways in patients affected with RSA. To improve diagnosis and treatment of RSA, a comprehensive procedure is needed for identification and validation of causative genes. ..
- Al Qahtani M, Baghlab I, Chaudhary A, Abuzenadah A, Bamanie A, Daghistani K, et al. Spectrum of GJB2 mutations in a cohort of nonsyndromic hearing loss cases from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2010;14:79-83 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ethnically targeted genetic screening for GJB2 mutations could be a useful tool toward the management of NSHL in this area. ..
- Khan F, Khan T, Kalamegam G, Pushparaj P, Chaudhary A, Abuzenadah A, et al. Anti-cancer effects of Ajwa dates (Phoenix dactylifera L.) in diethylnitrosamine induced hepatocellular carcinoma in Wistar rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:418 pubmed publisher..ADE can, therefore, be used together with conventional therapeutics for HCC. ..