Ayman H Al-Jazaeri
Affiliation: King Saud University
Country: Saudi Arabia
- Repair of congenital diaphragmatic hernia under high-frequency oscillatory ventilation in high-risk patients: an opportunity for earlier repair while minimizing lung injuryAyman Al-Jazaeri
Ayman Al Jazaeri, MD, Department of Surgery, King Saud University, PO Box 68578, Riyadh 11537, Saudi Arabia, T 966565994455
Ann Saudi Med 34:499-502. 2014..However, in selected high-risk patients, repair can be performed earlier while they are still on high-frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV)...
- Percutaneous obliteration of patent processus vaginalis: a rat model for future inguinal hernia repair in childrenAyman Al-Jazaeri
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Surg 48:203-8. 2013..A percutaneous technique could be the next advance in inguinal hernia repair in children. We used a rat model to study the utility of percutaneous inguinal hernia repair (PHR) using 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate (OCT)...
- The role of seating position in determining the injury pattern among unrestrained children involved in motor vehicle collisions presenting to a level I trauma centerAyman Al-Jazaeri
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ann Saudi Med 32:502-6. 2012..However, compliance with child seating and restraint laws is still suboptimal. The role of seating position in predicting injury patterns among unrestrained children has not been previously studied...
- The impact of variation in access to care on the management of Hirschsprung diseaseAyman Al-Jazaeri
College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Surg 47:952-5. 2012..Variable access to care might have similar effects on the management of Hirschsprung disease (HD). However, such variation has not been highlighted...
- Simplified technique for minimally invasive repair of congenital diaphragmatic hernia using hollow-needle snare and transthoracic traction stitchesAyman Al-Jazaeri
Division of Pediatric Surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Surg 47:258-63. 2012..We describe the use of hollow-needle snares (HNS) and transthoracic traction stitches (TTS) to overcome these challenges...
- Unilateral breast mass in an infant: a rare presentation of spontaneously regressing myofibromatosisAyman Al-Jazaeri
Division of Pediatric Surgery, King Saud University, College of Medicine, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pediatr Surg 45:1896-9. 2010..Surgical excision of such lesion might have led to permanent loss of breast tissue. The report discusses the clinical, radiological, and pathologic features, in addition to the previously described treatment options for this condition...
- Short hospitalization after early intervention in managing grade III pancreatic injuries in children: a possible new trendAyman H Al-Jazaeri
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Saudi J Gastroenterol 17:363-6. 2011..While the series is still small, achieving such remarkable outcomes in two consecutive cases is possible and could set a new trend in managing these injuries in children...