- Internalized stigma and intimate relations in bipolar and schizophrenic patients: A comparative study
Psychiatry Department, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Tıp Fakültesi Psikiyatri A D Samsun, Turkey Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 54:665-72. 2013
- Psychiatric symptoms in patients with multiple sclerosis
Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine Samsun Turkey
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:134-40. 2013
..This study was intended to identify general psychiatric symptoms in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients and to determine the distribution of these psychiatric symptoms by type of MS and degree of disability...
- Temperament and character traits in patients with bipolar disorder and associations with attempted suicide
Psychiatry Department, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Tıp Fakültesi Psikiyatri Anabilim Dalı, Samsun, Turkey
Compr Psychiatry 53:1096-102. 2012
..This study was intended to investigate temperament and character traits in bipolar disorder patients with or without a history of attempted suicide...
- Panic disorder with nocturnal panic attacks: symptoms and comorbidities
Ondokuz Mayis University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
Eur Psychiatry 23:195-200. 2008
..Our findings demonstrate that patients with nocturnal panic attacks have more respiratory symptoms of panic, depressive and other psychiatric symptoms than the no nocturnal panic group...
- Prevalence of metabolic syndrome among inpatients with schizophrenia
Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Turkey
Int J Psychiatry Med 38:103-12. 2008
..Metabolic syndrome (MetS) is associated with the development of coronary heart disease and diabetes mellitus. The aim in this cross-sectional study was to assess the prevalence of MetS in schizophrenic Turkish inpatients...
- The relationship between the presence of ADHD and certain candidate gene polymorphisms in a Turkish sample
Department of Psychiatry, Ondokuz Mayis University, School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey Electronic address
Gene 528:320-7. 2013
..Problems associated with the noradrenergic and serotonergic systems and SNAP-25 may play a role, both alone and in interaction with one another, in the pathophysiological mechanisms of ADHD. ..
- Neuropsychological weaknesses in adult ADHD; cognitive functions as core deficit and roles of them in persistence to adulthood
Department of Psychiatry, Ondokuz Mayis University, School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 18:819-26. 2012
..Given the finding that interference control deficit exists across the lifespan in people with ADHD, we suggest that interference control-associated functional weakness may be a core deficit for ADHD. (JINS, 2012, 18, 1-8)...
- Schizophrenia in Turkish newspapers : retrospective scanning study
Psychiatry Dept, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:457-61. 2007
..In our study, higher rates of metaphoric use observed can be explained with the fact that in Turkey the word Schizophrenia is attributed with strong negative perception...